Almost non-existent fishing report

Joey

Finally got the boat out this year. We were going through withdrawal and with the bad weather predicted for today, decided Simcoe was close enough that if it turned bad, we could leave if we had to fast enough.

The wind was terrible and we did more surfing than fishing.

5751938640_318d7c2cd0_b.jpg

We were targeting pike but all we managed was 1 perch each. Mine was 10" so at least it is a panfish for our team. Paul's was even smaller, so he ixnayed a picture.

5751390249_4c7dd632cd_b.jpg

Other than that, after the winds picked up even more and I was starting to get sea sick, I tried to amuse myself taking some pics of the kite sailers out there. Some of them got some pretty good hang time.

5751941058_1594a45fe7_b.jpg

5751943264_c94c9abec7_b.jpg

5751945100_717db0a052_b.jpg

5751400993_eb0e50e75f_b.jpg

5751948022_a953f44a75_b.jpg

The wind was pushing all the weeds over and there was tons of flotsam and jetsam so the pike were not to be found. Paul had a few bass follows but quickly pulled the lure away from them.

So, that was our holiday Monday. Paul is now power washing the boat and trailer of all the pond scum from the river where we launched :wallbash::wacko:

Isn't that some brutal wind?blink.gif But i bet it was worth the trouble just to be back on the water againthumbsup_anim.gif

Nice Perch too. All the wife and i have been getting are dinks, and, like your Paul, i wont be posting my dinks on here. People may laff.blush.gif

Glad ya got out, and thanks for the great pics.

Paul

nice shots of the surfer

and yeah wind

that's why I am sitting at home

my little folding boat would just be tossed around in wind like that

I joked to Paul about that. "Wonder if Terry is out in his folding boat in this?" :P:lol:

Isn't that some brutal wind?blink.gif But i bet it was worth the trouble just to be back on the water againthumbsup_anim.gif

Nice Perch too. All the wife and i have been getting are dinks, and, like your Paul, i wont be posting my dinks on here. People may laff.blush.gif

Glad ya got out, and thanks for the great pics.

Paul

Well dinks are better than nothing Paul! :thumbsup_anim:

Wow Joey, that's insane weather for the first launch but at least you got a nice perch :thumbsup_anim: Me and Paul aka whitespinnerbait spent yesterday fishing in the rain :w00t: there was no wind and the muskitos weren't too bad.... thank god :)

Great shots of the kite surfer btw B)

Thanks for sharing

Jacques

Great to see you got the boat out for a run. It does look a little choppy tough. Should have hit Lake O for some giggles. :whistling: Nice to see you got out.

Well Will, Lake O was one of our choices. I'm ever so glad we did not pick that one to fish Monday :o;)