Don't forget to vote today

Building and parking was full where I voted. From the time I parked till I was back in the car, not 10 minutes had passed. There was no one at my polling booth. PERFECT!

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

i'm encouraged by the amount of young people voting. no quicker way to scare a bunch of bourgeoisie politicians than to see the youth turning out to vote.

and yes, thanks to anyone who didn't bring specific politics into this thread... (i'm looking at you lookinforwalleye - no need for partisan jabs)

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

I am voting tonight. I have never missed a vote once. I think that Facebook and sites like that help youth spread their ideas. People in there early 20's are on there yacking back and forth and promoting thought and I think that is a good thing. I think this could be a really good turn out.

If you don't vote you can't complain. Will be doing it this evening.

Voting or complaining? :lol:

I have the honour of taking my just turned 18 year old son to the polls this afternoon. 2 more votes for our households party of choice. All of our children vote, it is un-thought-of to not vote.

If you don't vote you can't complain. Will be doing it this evening.

Yes people, do get out and vote... however I do take issue with the above statement... in my mind, you have every right to complain, whether you vote or not, providing you PAY YOUR TAXES... that, in my mind gives you the right to complain.

HH

Edited by Headhunter

i'm encouraged by the amount of young people voting. no quicker way to scare a bunch of bourgeoisie politicians than to see the youth turning out to vote.

and yes, thanks to anyone who didn't bring specific politics into this thread... (i'm looking at you lookinforwalleye - no need for partisan jabs)

:P

We (5) all voted last Saturday. Jennifer and I stood in the advance poll line for over 40 minutes, with Jennifer tiring quickly as time went on and an older gentleman getting up and offering her the only spare chair in the place. If she can find the energy to exercise her civil liberty I challenge every one of you to get off your arse and vote. No "party of choice" in our household, they're all old enough to give it some thought themselves. Just because your father voted for a specific party doesn't mean it was a good thing !

Edited by irishfield

Yes people, do get out and vote... however I do take issue with the above statement... in my mind, you have every right to complain, whether you vote or not, providing you PAY YOUR TAXES... that, in my mind gives you the right to complain.

HH

I meant you can't complain which party wins the race, not how your tax dollars are being spent. Often races can be very close and if only 50% of a town voted than that means those that didn't can't complain because they could've made a difference.

I have the honour of taking my just turned 18 year old son to the polls this afternoon.

I had the honour of taking my soon to be 19 year old daughter out for her first vote.

I'm uncertain though if she followed in her fathers footsteps. dunno.gif

I meant you can't complain which party wins the race, not how your tax dollars are being spent. Often races can be very close and if only 50% of a town voted than that means those that didn't can't complain because they could've made a difference.

I concur.

HH

We (5) all voted last Saturday. Jennifer and I stood in the advance poll line for over 40 minutes, with Jennifer tiring quickly as time went on and an older gentleman getting up and offering her the only spare chair in the place. If she can find the energy to exercise her civil liberty I challenge every one of you to get off your arse and vote. No "party of choice" in our household, they're all old enough to give it some thought themselves. Just because your father voted for a specific party doesn't mean it was a good thing !

Good on you all.

As a parent it is my responsibility to discuss the issues at hand and give my children the tools they need to make a decision. If our dinner table discussions result in a single party being the one of choice, that is up to us as a family. Our party of choice does not even have a candidate in our riding, so we have to go to our second choice. It would be very nice if we could vote for whom we really wanted to vote for, but that won't happen until we move to the other side of the street. Our road is a borderline.

My son and daughters are independant thinkers, they have pinned me to the wall many times with well thought out arguments. That makes me very proud of them and happy with the job my wife and I have done in raising them to be responsible adults.

HH

agreed... and i do both

HTHM.. you realize voting for your second choice just insures your first choice doesn't get in correct?

When my first choice does not have a candidate in my riding, it is very difficult to vote for them. Ergo, second choice.

When my first choice does not have a candidate in my riding, it is very difficult to vote for them. Ergo, second choice.

The Marijuana Party didn't have a candidate in my riding either... :whistling: