Banjo Minnow

bobowski

I was cleanning out my garage the other day and I stumbled apon my Banjo Fishing System that I purchased around 15 years ago. Most of the contents are still there. I think I only used it a few times. I still have the video that came with it too. They really did a good job selling these lures on the infommercial. I remember watching it and thinking "man I have to have this". Does anyone still use these lures? Has anyone had success with it? I'm thinking about bringing it out for bass season.

But wait theirs more we will double you order and knock 20 off if you are one of the first 500 callers......

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GMvpAqQ0Rso" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here is a testimonial from the website

"Using your Banjo Minnow, I was able to catch the biggest Muskies I ever fished in my life! I made my first cast and the musky came out of the water and exploded on the lure!"

-- Nam, Apple Valley, MN

Look up my other favorite lure the Flying Lure too.

Art

One of my repeat clients is still only about 7years old.

Last year he showed up with a Banjo Minnow outfit his Mom had given him.

We rigged up a fairly large one and before I could get his Dad set-up, with a Senko, the little guy had a nice Bass in the boat.

38243_1380230034812_1503753104_30914910_2526830_n.jpg

LOL, I bought one, all my buddies bought one, I don't think any of us ever did catch a fish with them. I think I still have a full kit that I bought for a friend but never did give it to him since it didn't seem to work.

I think it was kind of like the "pet rock" thing when it came out, good marketing!

But wait theirs more we will double you order and knock 20 off if you are one of the first 500 callers......

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GMvpAqQ0Rso" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here is a testimonial from the website

"Using your Banjo Minnow, I was able to catch the biggest Muskies I ever fished in my life! I made my first cast and the musky came out of the water and exploded on the lure!"

-- Nam, Apple Valley, MN

Look up my other favorite lure the Flying Lure too.

Art

Was it just me, or was there line coming off the spool from the guy working the minnow (the first image of the dude reeling it in) Lol prob got a birdsnest from chucking that dinky light weight banjo minnow...

I too was one that bought the kit. Had a few that we sold in my parents store back in the day.

They do actually work. Both for Pike, Smallmouth and Largemouth.

The rattles dont do anything, but the standard med sized minnow was incredibly effective on Gbay.

I have no problem with the Banjo Minnow or the Flying Lures (I actually have the Flying Lures) but the one that really gets me is when Ol' Roland Martin sold off every last bit of pride and self respect to flog the "Helicopter Lures"!! I mean, can it get much lower?

I mean even Bill Dances "Dances Eel" or Doug Hannon's "Snake" leave some pride intact!

What was the name of the guy that did the PBS show "Streamside"? He promoted the Flying Lures quite a bit back in the late 70's and early 80's. I liked his show when he fished small streams and rivers in Upstate New York from his canoe. Oh, I remember now...Don Meissner!!

"Rod and Real" with Bill Saiff was another classic on PBS around the same time!

I have no problem with the Banjo Minnow or the Flying Lures (I actually have the Flying Lures) but the one that really gets me is when Ol' Roland Martin sold off every last bit of pride and self respect to flog the "Helicopter Lures"!! I mean, can it get much lower?

I mean even Bill Dances "Dances Eel" or Doug Hannon's "Snake" leave some pride intact!

What was the name of the guy that did the PBS show "Streamside"? He promoted the Flying Lures quite a bit back in the late 70's and early 80's. I liked his show when he fished small streams and rivers in Upstate New York from his canoe. Oh, I remember now...Don Meissner!!

"Rod and Real" with Bill Saiff was another classic on PBS around the same time!

I was going to chime in and say the Helicopter Lure from Roland Martin.Funny thing is my buddy and I caught some huge slop bass in bass lake that year with them but then they kinda fell by the wayside.Definately smelled like plastisol coming out of the package,that was probably why we stopped using them.

Kerry