NF ever wondered the alcohol content in US beer?

chris.brock

I have always wondered the % of alcohol in US beer since they don't post it on the can/ bottle. I was at a restaurant where the menu stated the alcohol content. Everything was over 4%. Even stuff like Bud Lite, and 55 calorie beer was 4.2 and 4.4. I found this interesting, I always wondered if that stuff was 2% alcohol.

cheers

Yup, its scientifically proven that 'rednecks' like Billybob can't hold their liquor, if the US breweries but any more than 4% in the beer there'd be more rednecks in the streets shoot'n their doublebarrel shotguns than the police could handle!

Don't know about all the Redneck Billy Bob's but this one is a 35+ year volunteer firefighter and we are required to keg up when the call comes in... :whistling:

Remember....Budwieser is the KING of BEERS...

budweiser.jpg

BudwiserOwnsSeaworldFreebooze.jpg

My understanding was that the percent alcohol was measured differently. As to the quality??? :dunno:

Yes, Americans measure their alcohol content by weight while we measure it by volume. They will get a lower figure (alcohol is lighter than water) for the same amount of alcohol. I can't answer about quality either ;-)

I am pretty sure there are A LOT more brands of beer in the USA than in Canada. Most of the smaller breweries make some great beer. It's not just all Bud and Schlitz.

Actually the #1 beer sold in WNY is Labatts Blue Light...so much that Labatts has moved their corporate HQ here in Buffalo.