Fishing Simcoe Feb 20, 2011

Joey

We went, we fished, we caught :thumbsup_anim:

The travel was okay, mostly rough ice and as was said in another thread, scratchers would have been good. We were going to pick some up yesterday at Royal Distributing, but highway 400 and 11 were both closed, and it was not open when we drove by at 7:30 this morning, so we had to go without. Sure ran the sliders hot that's for sure.

Lloyd travelled the ice all over and did quite well (so he says :whistling: ) No pics as he did not get one near us :whistling::whistling::P

In our crew, I got first fish, a nice laker, and an upgrade for Team 5 - 28.5 inches :thumbsup_anim:

5462855221_8209d206a4_b.jpg

Terry got second, a beauty whitefish :clapping:

5462856585_0ff5ed3615_b.jpg

We had the pleasure of Will (Fishnsled) joining us today on our weekly outting, great to have you along Will, and congrats on your beauty laker :thumbsup_anim::clapping:

5463448796_bbdeff6070_b.jpg

We moved once more and had lots of follows, but no takers.

Saw some great musky bait :lol::lol::lol:

5463460488_07fcd5e7d4_b.jpg

Fished 9 hours today and I'm pooped so that's it for the report.

Joey

Good stuff gang. thumbsup_anim.gif

How's that new hut treating you Joey?

New hut is great. If the sun is out, no need for a heater, and if it is not, I still can only put the heat on low, and sometimes have to turn it off it gets so hot in there.

Loving it :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks hon ;)

Thanks for posting up the report Joey. It was nice to hang out for the day and catch up, great to see everyone. Slow bite but marked lots of fish tight to bottom. Thanks to the tip on the lakers. :good: I wasn't marking them like you were. Lots of fun watching the bait on the screen and fishing coming in for the attack. Hopefully we'll do it again before the season is over.

I also like to thank our good luck charm Paul. It wasn't 10 seconds after he told me I was up next when the fish was on.;) I believe that Paul doesn't need to catch any fish as he gets so much enjoyment out of watching others do it for him, heck of a great guy.

Good times, a few fish caught, great company. Pretty much a perfect day on the ice.

Edited by fishnsled