I'm a Grampa NF

JohnF

Ive been a Grandparent for three years now...now you need to decide what the babe is going to call you ...i think your going to be surprised at how many different ways there is to refer to a grandfather/grandmother...personally...we went with Nanny and Poppa....reason being is ...Poppa is alot easier to say for a babe then Daddy..

CONGRATULATIONS John!!!!!...your gunna love it !

Cheers!

Congratulations.

If your kids have been out of the house for awhile and you have got used to being #1 in your wife's eyes...well I'm sorry to be the one to tell you that this is about to change.

You are now officially #2. And not a close #2 either.... A very very distant #2.

But it has it's perks. My grandson who's 3 in July is out with "Gemma" shoveling the driveway right now...while I'm sitting here in my PJ's with my coffee :thumbsup_anim:

Matt's (the proud father) generation in our family have been pretty inventive about coining grandparent handles. Wendy's folks were renamed Granny (yeah, I know, boring) and Bumpa (that's inventive) but the prize goes to Matt and his brother for naming my Mom Gabby. That's what they got out of Gramma and boy, did it catch on. She's now only known as Gabby by half the population of our town. Even her old friends call her Gabby. She loves it.

Wendy and I are just going to wait to see what the little guy comes up with for us. Anything will be good.

Here's a pic of the little prince.

photo.jpg

I'll get him a better hat for fishing, and some polarized shades. I've already got a couple of rod setups ready. One's a short ultralite spinning rig and the other is a 4'6" rod with a Pfleuger Underspin trigger reel, like a hybrid baitcaster/spinning reel. I don't think he'll be ready for real baitcasting for a few years. He may actually be happier with a Spiderman rig (or whoever the superhero of the day is when he's ready) but these others will be ready for him.

JF

Matt's (the proud father) generation in our family have been pretty inventive about coining grandparent handles. Wendy's folks were renamed Granny (yeah, I know, boring) and Bumpa (that's inventive) but the prize goes to Matt and his brother for naming my Mom Gabby. That's what they got out of Gramma and boy, did it catch on. She's now only known as Gabby by half the population of our town. Even her old friends call her Gabby. She loves it.

Same with my daughter Erika. My mother-in-law used to always say Erika was her sweet little Chickie. So Erika started calling her Chickie right back and it stuck. All Xmas and birthday cards and gifts from then on where signed from Chickie.

Debbe's mom loved it too..and everyone who knew her well just started calling her that too.

Congratulations.

If your kids have been out of the house for awhile and you have got used to being #1 in your wife's eyes...well I'm sorry to be the one to tell you that this is about to change.

You are now officially #2. And not a close #2 either.... A very very distant #2.

But it has it's perks. My grandson who's 3 in July is out with "Gemma" shoveling the driveway right now...while I'm sitting here in my PJ's with my coffee thumbsup_anim.gif

Congratulations and blessings to you and yours John.

BTW, being #2 has some awesome benefits. Abuse Use them to your full advantage.

Regards,

Simon