Raise fishing license fees for U.S. visitors??

blue pickeral

As it struggles to rein in a massive deficit, U.S. President Barack Obama’s administration is looking to squeeze revenue from every possible source – including Canadians.

The President’s proposed 2012 budget, released publicly this week, suggests charging Canadians $5.50 to enter the country by air and sea to help pay for security checks and inspections at the nation’s airports.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/us-budget-proposes-550-fee-for-canadian-travellers/article1910967/

Would like to see a few U.S. operators in Ontario who charge in U.S. dollars taxed as well....

This fee is charged by ALL airports whether you see it as a seperate fee or you just pay for your ticket. If you fly to the Mexico you will hand them $10.00 cash as an entrance fee. Their was a waver of this fee between Canada and the USA that is now no longer being waved. When you cross the boarder by land they charge you for using the bridge both ways "for bridge maintenance" whats the difference their?

Art

I'm also trying to figure out why the OP thinks this is related to fishing licenses? NY state has steady raised their non-resident yearly licenses for the past couple of years. It's at like $70 now, lol. It used to be $45. I think the res licenses have also increased in price..

I'm also trying to figure out why the OP thinks this is related to fishing licenses? NY state has steady raised their non-resident yearly licenses for the past couple of years. It's at like $70 now, lol. It used to be $45. I think the res licenses have also increased in price..

GOOD POINT...but so has Ontario.....If I have said it once I have said it a hundred times..."the more money you give ANY government the more money they spend and WASTE"...we are all drowning in government fees and taxes...swim.gif

I don`t mind helping out my poor American pals where do I send the check Art? :P

Thanks for the generous offer but with this $5.50 cents we should be set :w00t: I however am proud to say I have left thousands of dollars in the Great White North traveling by land and enjoying the people and places over the years. I if it was in my power would apologize for passing on this outrageous expense and hope not to bankrupt the nation to the North of the USA.

Ambassador Art

of the Cajun Clan

Thanks for the generous offer but with this $5.50 cents we should be set :w00t: I however am proud to say I have left thousands of dollars in the Great White North traveling by land and enjoying the people and places over the years. I if it was in my power would apologize for passing on this outrageous expense and hope not to bankrupt the nation to the North of the USA.

Ambassador Art

of the Cajun Clan

No worries China will own North America soon enough anyways!!! :(

Very profound there Ambassador Art, I like the way you think.

I fly though many airports in the course of a year and it is amazing the charges that are levied in the guise of security fees, airport improvement levies, congestion charges, call it what you like, $5.50 is a drop in the bucket compared to what is charged at Canadian airports and others around the world.

I'm also trying to figure out why the OP thinks this is related to fishing licenses?

More tongue in cheek than anything else....and although I can't figure out why Yanks are so resilient against public health care, greatly admire the accomplishments of their country!

However,this is a fishing forum....and whenever whenever we get beat up by such things as soft wood lumber duties, extra border charges etc. fishing, hunting and sledding are the only things that our American friends take seriously in terms of retaliatory measures.... :rolleyes:

.....still peeved at having to pay fishing lodge fees in foreign currency in my own country.

More tongue in cheek than anything else....and although I can't figure out why Yanks are so resilient against public health care, greatly admire the accomplishments of their country!

However,this is a fishing forum....and whenever whenever we get beat up by such things as soft wood lumber duties, extra border charges etc. fishing, hunting and sledding are the only things that our American friends take seriously in terms of retaliatory measures.... :rolleyes:

.....still peeved at having to pay fishing lodge fees in foreign currency in my own country.

Just be greatful that our American brudders don`t come looking for our WMD`s :whistling: