Whitefish and Laker report

limeyangler

Hi all,

Met up with BenBeattie and his buddy Greg for a shot at some whitefish and trout on a lake we've fished together before.....only this time we got some fish, the last time i went here with Ben everybody skunked!

. After a few scares with my sled, and a kindly donated gasline antifreeze evryone was set up and fishing in 40'-30'FOW. I was in my shack and Ben started out in Gregs pop-up. By the time Ben came to visit and fish in my shack....the two of them had hit at least 15 whitefish.

I was not having much joy. I did land the first of my 2 trout just as Ben came knocking, but the whitefish would not commit. Ben was having the same trouble until one hit a Northland minnow i had left dangling. After that the fishing picked up. All this time Greg was absolutely slaying the whitefish. Ben estimated he had over 25 fish this afternoon. Ben and myself scored between 10 and 12 each, all but a couplke were released.

Ben got some trout too and a nice pike, I think Greg got a trout too.

All in all a fun day on the ice, and we were packed and on the road by 3pm.

Here's some pics and vid of the day.

APART FROM THE HOWLING WIND...GORGEOUS DAY (darn cold though)

P2010179.jpg

BAIT AND WHITEFISH ALL OVER THIS REEF

P2010175.jpg

P2010176.jpg

THE FIRST WHITIE I GOT WAS AN ABSOLUTE TANK! 25.5" BUT THICK SHOULDERS AND HUMPBACK

P2010166.jpg

P2010173.jpg

MY SECOND LAKER WAS A VERY RESPECTABLE 32"( In my haste to put it back the sign went Australian)

P2010177.jpg

AND SOME VIDEO CLIPS FROM TODAY.........

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tKpyQUb-aVU" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

Like i said, great fun day, nice to meet Greg although we did not talk much being in seperate shacks and given he was to busy catching...Slaying....whitefish.

As for that BenBeattie doood....greaqt guy, great company, awesome fisherman.

Thanks for a great day on the ice guys.

HEY TEAM 2....WE GOT SOME INCHES!!

Tight lines all.

Simon

Banner day on the white fish Simon. Had a lot of fun. Great to see you again and make up for last time we fished that lake together. We'll do it again soon. :thumbsup_anim:

Oh yeah, the bloodbath on the ice. :w00t: Makes it look like we landed that one with a lawnmower!

Out of all the fish caught today I think only 3 whities didn't get released.

Nice catch, now what about the pink gloves, and don't be trying to tell us that's the cameras fault. :thumbsup_anim:

No, the gloves are definitely real. I've seen them with my own eyes.:blink:

Looks like a great day. Love that big laker.:good:

Edited by Old Man

limey, i love ya bud..... thumbsup_anim.gif

REALLY nice fishes!!!!!!!!! worthy.gif

"get your head up here....fatty" rofl2.gif

Lol Skeets

I think they both qualify for OFAH bonuses too...thats a good start for team 2!

As for the quote, i seem to be pulling a lot of fish backwards up the hole this year!

oh, so I see you are not going to give up on the pink gloves? whistling.gif

nice report and pic's Simon.

I told ya, i think they suit me!

Nice catch, now what about the pink gloves, and don't be trying to tell us that's the cameras fault. thumbsup_anim.gif

Nope, i think its gonna be my trademark! Think it will catch on?....dont answer that.

Banner day on the white fish Simon. Had a lot of fun. Great to see you again and make up for last time we fished that lake together. We'll do it again soon. thumbsup_anim.gif

Oh yeah, the bloodbath on the ice. w00t.gif Makes it look like we landed that one with a lawnmower!

Out of all the fish caught today I think only 3 whities didn't get released.

LOL@ Lawnmower.

Great to see ya again Ben. Definitely gonna have to try a new lake in March (when its warmer.) Please thank Gregh again for the antifreeze when you see him again...i was screwed without it today....next time i'll make sure the spare bottle i keep in the back of my sled is not an empty one whistling.gifblush.gifoops.gif

Great report...you gotta love those days when you are on top of lots of suicidal Whities!

Thanks Wallacio. To be honest there were two types it seemed...the suicidal ones as you say...but the amount of big fish that woul;d follow up or shoot off the bottom to get the bait upto 15' off bottom only to not bite was amazing.

that's alot of blood inside the hut... lol

bloody good fun what...what.

Great stuff Simon!! A day fishing with Ben doesn't need fish to be a great time I'm sure...

Yup, he's alright i guess whistling.gif

I'm jealous! Good job =D

Thanks s2k

No, the gloves are definitely real. I've seen them with my own eyes.blink.gif

Looks like a great day. Love that big laker.good.gif

Thanks Gord, we'll have to hit up Ghost Lake soon and that lake you broke trail to, in fact ghost might be a good option tomorrow....we could just walk out if ya want...i've got a couple hours after a dentist appointment in the morning...we could be out there by 11:30 if ya want...not ideal time of the day...but i take what i can get.

You love those gloves really!

Looks like a fantastic day. Boy am I jealous.

Thanks Bruce.

I was... with 8lb test. makes those white fish a lot of fun on the light gear. We were fishing pretty shallow so you can get away with it. Probably wouldn't recommend it, but it was fun.

Cool Ben B) seeing the bend on the rod was just amazing :w00t: It looked like you were holding a twig :lol:

awesome job again Simon ... I would love to have a day like that just targeting whitefish

You and Ben should do a fishing show up there in God's country ... :thumbsup_anim:

That's a great idea....Ben looks a bit like Chronzy....lol

Wow man that's some serious rod action B):thumbsup_anim:

Awesome pics and enjoyed the vid B):worthy:

You guys sure put a beating on them whities :w00t: Great job Simon and Co. :clapping:

Question: were you fishing with an ultra light rod at some point??

Jacques

Was great fun watching Ben use the crappie rod for Lakers and whities.

Great report, pics and video Simon. Another great outting :thumbsup_anim:

thanks Joey...was truly fun.

Thanks for sharing, great video. Now to catch some on Simcoe.

Thanks...it was about time i got into some whities...the Simcoe reports were driving me nuts.