2008 Ford Escape vs 2008 Chevrolet Equinox

Steve_R

I changed my mind on getting a truck lol now l want a suv...im looking at a 2008 escape FWD v6 44k or a equinox with 57k just cant make up my mind which one to get l drove both of them and like them both. l think the escape gets better gas mileage and is it worth spending the extra money and get the 4x4? :wallbash:

I have an 07 Escape and love it.

No hitch on it though.. I already had a hitch on my VW golf, so I tow a 14' tinner w/ 25hp with the car.

If I ever get a bigger boat, or quad, I'll put a hitch on the Escape.

I think in 08 they came out with the new style. I also believe that's when they came out with the new traction control that you can't turn off. No fun.. You can't blow doughnuts with them, cuz it automatically straightens you out.

I have a freind with an Equinox, and she doesn't like it.

I have an 07 Escape and love it.

No hitch on it though.. I already had a hitch on my VW golf, so I tow a 14' tinner w/ 25hp with the car.

If I ever get a bigger boat, or quad, I'll put a hitch on the Escape.

I think in 08 they came out with the new style. I also believe that's when they came out with the new traction control that you can't turn off. No fun.. You can't blow doughnuts with them, cuz it automatically straightens you out.

I have a freind with an Equinox, and she doesn't like it.

Im pretty sure you can turn the traction control on and off...but l could be wrong..lol

i owned an escape. a 2006, and it was a fun, comfortable and stable ride. Traded if for a 2010 Ranger and love it too.Both are made by Mazda.thumbsup_anim.gif

You have it the wrong way around Ford manufactures both the B-Series pickups for Mazda (from its Ranger platform) as well as the Mazda Tribute (built on a Ford Escape platform).

I changed my mind on getting a truck lol now l want a suv...im looking at a 2008 escape FWD v6 44k or a equinox with 57k just cant make up my mind which one to get l drove both of them and like them both. l think the escape gets better gas mileage and is it worth spending the extra money and get the 4x4? :wallbash:

Hey Steve, I'm in the same boat right now; time to get an suv to tow the tinny. I'm pretty set on the escape but open to other brands. Thought about a truck but the SUV just makes more sense to me.

I would consider a 4cyl 4x4 escape if you're just going to be towing a tinny. Much better mileage in the city than the V6. Also, consider a 2009 or newer as I believe they went to a 6spd transmission which further improves fuel economy.

Definitely get a 4x4!

I had a 2002 Escape 4X4 with a V6 and towed a 3000 lb pop up camper 6,500 miles out west and went over the continental divide twice......I would give it a 2 thumbs up for towing small boats.

One of our firefighters worked at a Chevy dealer as a salesmen and said the Chevrolet Equinox was a piece of crap....owners were constantly bring them in for service.

Good Luck,

Bob

I used to heat-treat the 3.0L six cylinder aluminum engine blocks that go in the Escape, as well as many other Ford, Mercury, Jaguar and Mazda vehicles built in the last decade. I wouldn't use one for an anchor. There was zero quality control and evey worker doing this job knew he was about to get laid-off as this was the last job you were asigned before being shown the door. I was let go in November of 2008.

I used to heat-treat the 3.0L six cylinder aluminum engine blocks that go in the Escape, as well as many other Ford, Mercury, Jaguar and Mazda vehicles built in the last decade. I wouldn't use one for an anchor. There was zero quality control and evey worker doing this job knew he was about to get laid-off as this was the last job you were asigned before being shown the door. I was let go in November of 2008.

I thought Ford QUALITY was Job #1

get a 4x4 and get the v6

i was debating a i6 vs v8 in my jeep and got the v8. in the end, glad i did. it's a little better mileage on the hwy, little worse in the city and much better when towing. it simply doesn't have to work as hard to tow. i suspect the 4 cyl vs v6 in the escape is the same deal.

Im pretty sure you can turn the traction control on and off...but l could be wrong..lol

You can't turn it off on my buddies 2010. He called the dealer about it. Not even a chip that you can remove..

08' maybe different though?

You can't turn it off on my buddies 2010. He called the dealer about it. Not even a chip that you can remove..

08' maybe different though?

I have an '08 Escape and yes, you can turn the traction control off with a small button just above the coin tray. Awesome truck, by the way .... tows 3,500 pounds with the V6 and 4x4. No trouble whatsoever pulling a Lund 1775 Pro V.

Another vote for the Escape. :thumbsup_anim:

I had a 2007, 3.0 litre 4x4. 3500 lbs. towing capacity.

Don't think I ever towed anything over 2500 lbs., but it was stable and had plenty of power.

The Escape was great, but my lease expired a couple of months ago and I turned it in.

Leased a new VW Jetta with 2.0 litre turbo diesel. More torque than the 2011 Escapes and the lease is cheaper.

Almost double the fuel economy too.

I'll be getting a hitch installed for sure.

I only miss the 4 wheel drive. Love the fuel savings.

Good luck !

Another vote for the Escape. :thumbsup_anim:

I had a 2007, 3.0 litre 4x4. 3500 lbs. towing capacity.

Don't think I ever towed anything over 2500 lbs., but it was stable and had plenty of power.

The Escape was great, but my lease expired a couple of months ago and I turned it in.

Leased a new VW Jetta with 2.0 litre turbo diesel. More torque than the 2011 Escapes and the lease is cheaper.

Almost double the fuel economy too.

I'll be getting a hitch installed for sure.

I only miss the 4 wheel drive. Love the fuel savings.

Good luck !

:clapping: Let us know how the towing goes with the TDI. I love that car. Wishin I still had one !