Got 2 Gether on Scugog

GBW

So yesterday lazlo was the first to show up at my house and seconds later CCMT and Fishnsled were there too. So we all packed into fishnsled’s truck and head to Scugog. Did a quick stop for some minnows and off we go to Goreski’s and to meet up with JohnnyD. Let me tell you, that was one hard walk in that much snow dragging a clam 2000 with a full load of gear. What should take 10 min turned into almost 30 min :unsure: We got a close to the spot as we could but someone moved a perm. hut right on top of where I wanted to get set up. So we punched a bunch of holes, put the fishtv down to see what I could see and then started fishing.

After I got the hut set up for use when it got real cold and decided to go over to Laker272’s hut and say hi and see how they were doing.

Got back to the guys and JohnnyD used his flasher to tease up the perch that was pestering him down below. A few min later, a decent boarder line keeper crappie. We kept it cause I have never tried to eat them and if we got enough then woo hoo.

Fishnsled and CCMT were close enough that we could hear them and not sure how many they got in that hut but none were kept.

I decided now that the sun was down to switch up to a bigger bait and try for an eye. Lazlo and I tried and tried and tried and tried and tried and tried and tried and tried and tried and tried and tried and tried and tried and tried and tried and came up empty… just short strikes on the tail of the bait.

At 7:15/7:20 we decided to pack it in and head home. I think it was either -24 or -25 when we got in the truck to head home.

At the end of it, I don’t care that I didn’t land any of the short hit’s I kept getting. I was out and having a good time with some fishing buddies, cheers.

Geoff

Edited by GBW

At the end of it, I don’t care that I didn’t land any of the short hit’s I kept getting. I was out and having a good time with some fishing buddies, cheers.

Geoff

That is indeed all that matters at the end of the day Geoff. Brrrrrr, you warmed up yet. :D

And not a mention of ANY fish coming out of CCMT and FnS's hut!!! I'm surprised!!LOL... NOT!

HH

:glare:

1 crappie iced and back down the hole. Couple of hits and one fish lost for myself. As for Cliff.........I'll let him answer. :whistling:

A great evening on the ice none the less.:good: Thanks for doing up the report Geoff.

1 crappie iced and back down the hole. Couple of hits and one fish lost for myself. As for Cliff.........I'll let him answer. :whistling:

A great evening on the ice none the less.:good: Thanks for doing up the report Geoff.

At least you got out and had another opportunity for some stimulating conversation... Bah Hah!

HH

Out with buddies on the ice...hmmmmm....does it get any better?

Sounds freekin cold Geoff, the walleye dont bite at nite on most of the lakes i fish, but sometimes i almost stay till 8pm anyway...cuz packing up means turning the heater off and going outside...lol.

Keep up the good workkk.

Good report even if you didnt get any keepers.

it was -28 all night on simcoe last night but i didnt mind. :whistling:

i know what you mean about the snow too, simcoe got wacked with it too.

and my sleigh had lots of gear in it but i didnt find it hard going. :dunno:

As long as you guys had fun thats all that matters!!!! :thumbsup_anim:

And not a mention of ANY fish coming out of CCMT and FnS's hut!!! I'm surprised!!LOL... NOT!

HH

Who asked you Joe??? LOL.

At least the fish were safe :)

Yep...no fish were harmed in the making of this report!

After lugging the sled out there, I was much too tired to fish...that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

At least you got out and had another opportunity for some stimulating conversation... Bah Hah!

HH

Yep...we talked about you mostly. :whistling:

Who asked you Joe??? LOL.

Yep...no fish were harmed in the making of this report!

After lugging the sled out there, I was much too tired to fish...that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

Yep...we talked about you mostly. :whistling:

I did say that it was stimulating!!!!

LOL

HH