Truck through Ice on Lake Nipissing

Arty

Geezz... ya know ya think that maybe the City would put a warning sign out there.. its their discharge that causes the problem.. not everyone automatically knows where that spot is.

In February of 2008, Bartlett's crews spent 600 man hours retrieving a truck that fell through the ice at nearly the same spot as Tuesday's incident.

Geezz... ya know ya think that maybe the City would put a warning sign out there.. its their discharge that causes the problem.. not everyone automatically knows where that spot is.

Great point, I am heading up in a few weeks and have no idea where you are talking about.

Ha ha.

I can't believe the Kijiji ad. Priceless. Beware of any Blazer for sale ad on Kijiji for awhile.

I would guess this doorknob`s insurance company is saying no habla senoir you :asshat: assuming he has insurance,if he has coverage why would he be begging for help.

By the looks of the truck it`s probably not worth the deductible!!!

Son in a panic... insurance will cover it.. no different than driving in a mall parking lot that isn't "assumed by the municpality or crown" as a legal road.

Interesting......didn't know how the insurance industry would handle this...but I'm guessing his rates will spike.

Now, wouldn't GM be liable because there was no sticker on the dash warning about driving the Blazer on thin ice... :sarcasm:

They probably put the signs out but the recovery companies keep taking them down. I'm just saying.

As soon as they put up a sign it could make them liable.

They may be liable if they don't, no investigation is going to happen with this accident but if a death occurs in this spot , an investigation could show the city is completly liable. With the amount of traffic using the lake during ice season a warning or sign of this area could prevent a worse tragedy in the future

Interesting......didn't know how the insurance industry would handle this...but I'm guessing his rates will spike.

Now, wouldn't GM be liable because there was no sticker on the dash warning about driving the Blazer on thin ice... sarcasm.gif

as far as I know, if you drive onto the lake with anthing other than a boat, be it a car, an ATV or even a snowmobile, your insurance stops at the shoreline, I could be wrong though

Edited by daryl0815