Robot Moose - Poacher Deterrent

ADB

But whats the charge?

It can't be moose hunting cause its not a moose, its a machine.

So if the charge isn't for hunting, its not a poacher. Its careless use maybe, but its not hunting.

The 'hunters' intended to take down a moose with the shot so, it was moose hunting. your intention to shoot a moose and take the shot (robot or not) was still the same intent, guilty as charged. You can put it in a dress and make it look like you, but if the end result is that it was set up to get moose poachers and it worked, then it worked.

If you intend to kill somebody and it doesn't work, Its attempted murder.

I have never of a charge "attempted moose hunting"

I'm all for busting poachers, but i don't like being set up for it.

Sure, its to catch poachers, but to me its just a start.

What if a cop pulls up and tries to get you to race a little, what if he tries to pick a fight with you in a bar and gets you to throw the first punch.

What if a cop pulls up and tries to get you to race a little

My sister has raced a cop about 10 or 12 years ago. He let her go because she knew how to drive a car properly. It was late at night and the roads were empty. He stopped her and said "good race, nice car and you know how to drive it, just don't do it again". To each their own...

If you intend to kill somebody and it doesn't work, Its attempted murder.

I have never of a charge "attempted moose hunting"

I'm all for busting poachers, but i don't like being set up for it.

Sure, its to catch poachers, but to me its just a start.

What if a cop pulls up and tries to get you to race a little, what if he tries to pick a fight with you in a bar and gets you to throw the first punch.

Huh? If you shoot a moose out of season, it's poaching, I dunno how much simpler it gets.

My sister has raced a cop about 10 or 12 years ago. He let her go because she knew how to drive a car properly. It was late at night and the roads were empty. He stopped her and said "good race, nice car and you know how to drive it, just don't do it again". To each their own...

Hell Geoff.. I use to take their running LTD from in front of the Smiths Falls donut shop and leave the keys in my SuperBee for them to come find me... those days, unfortunately, are LONG gone!

Wayne

if you shoot at it you are moose hunting so you are guilty

just like when they use a female cop to pose as a cheap hooker....you make a "date" with her and you are guilty

doesn't matter that she id not a hooker and it doesn't matter the moose isn't really a moose

know some folks that looked out on the lake. saw a bull moose. they looked thru there scopes. as it was a bull, they had a cow tag. they were charged for scoping. no shots fired. mnr attitude. fight it if you dont agree. 1000 mile return drive to court. thats sadly entrapment. northwestern ont has a few co,s that dont want hunters up there.

But whats the charge?

It can't be moose hunting cause its not a moose, its a machine.

So if the charge isn't for hunting, its not a poacher. Its careless use maybe, but its not hunting.

You must be a lawyer. :)

just like when they use a female cop to pose as a cheap hooker....you make a "date" with her and you are guilty

doesn't matter that she id not a hooker and it doesn't matter the moose isn't really a moose

How'd that analogy pop into your head? :whistling:

well said terry, here's one the day before walleye open's i was on jack lake trolling a worm harness catching perch my trip was fri,sat, sunday opp drove up to me said how was the fishing i said ok we were catching perch he said you were using a walleye lure i am going give you both tickets for fishing out of season. i can see if i had a 10inch musky lure before the season i said i will see in court he then came aboard looked every where for a walleye end result no ticket's

Dara,

may i suggest reading the definition of entrapment.

Entrapment: In criminal law, entrapment is constituted by a law enforcement agent inducing a person to commit an offense that the person would otherwise have been unlikely to commit

if you're out in the woods, with a rifle shooting and are WILLING to shoot at something that looks like a moose, it seems pretty damn likely that you intend to commit the crime.

Generally they set up just on the side of a road or a waterway. The charge that is laid is either "discharging a firearm from a road way, vehicle, or a boat" none of which are legal. generally I would assume people would have to be pretty brave to be running around with a high powered rifle and ammunition or a dead moose out of season. But thats not to say they dont.

if you shoot at it you are moose hunting so you are guilty

They pulled the hooker thing here a couple months ago. There was starting to be a problem in this particular neighborhood.

A friend of mine stopped at a light and this female comes up to his car and knocks on his window. She says, hey, I need money for a bus ticket. For 25 bucks I'll go for a ride in your car with you. he says...25 bucks, thats what its going for nowadays?

She charged him. They got 50 men in 2 days driving by the same corner. Everybodys name got in the paper. They went to court and the judge said to all of them, donate $100.00 each to this charity and the charges will be dropped. I think 3 guys are actually saying no and fighting it.

Then McGuinty enacts the war measures act but keeps it a secret.

Sorry, I don't want to give these guys any more amunition than they already have...even if it is to save the moose.

PS, these robots are generally set up at night to catch the guys that have been hunting for a week with no success so they decide to take a crack at one just after legal shooting hours that they never would have normally done.

Just my opinion

Dara,

may i suggest reading the definition of entrapment.

Entrapment: In criminal law, entrapment is constituted by a law enforcement agent inducing a person to commit an offense that the person would otherwise have been unlikely to commit

if you're out in the woods, with a rifle shooting and are WILLING to shoot at something that looks like a moose, it seems pretty damn likely that you intend to commit the crime.

Owned.