GAS PRICES

ketchenany

Last week ours went up 83 cents a liter, due to enviromental reasons.

The ferry was shut down due to low water and fuel had to be flown in. blink.gif

But now the ferry is running again and gas is back to normal #1.169 a liter.

I love how our gas prices stay unchanged for months or even longer up here.

None of the price fluctuation Bull like in Onatrio. tease.giftease.giftease.gif

The gas is the cheap part of the day it seems. Between parking and meals in, or just outside, the hospital we're going thru about $130 a day for every day Jen is in Sinai. Thank God we don't have a $150 to $200 hotel bill as well. Can't imagine how many get thru this experience with a family member in a downtown hospital, that don't live there.

Edited by irishfield

Guess I'll just have to stay home and drink. It's cheaper than driving

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Im with ya Bruce. Thank god for those delivery beer guys eh.LOL

Were just merely pawns in this world. :(

Edited by BrianB

The gas is the cheap part of the day it seems. Between parking and meals in, or just outside, the hospital we're going thru about $130 a day for every day Jen is in Sinai. Thank God we don't have a $150 to $200 hotel bill as well. Can't imagine how many get thru this experience with a family member in a downtown hospital, that don't live there.

If it's a child in hospital, they can often hook you up with McDonald House. Otherwise, Ive spent a few nights sleeping in lobbies and waiting rooms. Hotels just weren't an option.

Sorry we highjacked ketch ! Get your son-in-law to buy you a tank of gas for Christmas.. will cover the anal rise in price for a bit from your pocket! lol

Bruce.. we can sleep in the hospital room on the chemo floor if she is in the ICU style room.. but not my cup-a-tea to have a nurse see me spooning with Leah in the night! They also have a deal with Weston Harbour Castle (just for the 6 chemo patient rooms)... if you ask.. and if they have room the weston will put you up for FREE. An option we may take at some point to get off Jen's pull out couch. Ronald McD house is building a new facility on McCaul.. right behind Sinai.

Edited by irishfield

Sorry we highjacked ketch ! Get your son-in-law to buy you a tank of gas for Christmas.. will cover the anal rise in price for a bit from your pocket! lol

Bruce.. we can sleep in the hospital room on the chemo floor if she is in the ICU style room.. but not my cup-a-tea to have a nurse see me spooning with Leah in the night! They also have a deal with Weston Harbour Castle (just for the 6 chemo patient rooms)... if you ask.. and if they have room the weston will put you up for FREE. An option we may take at some point to get off Jen's pull out couch. Ronald McD house is building a new facility on McCaul.. right behind Sinai.

Spooning :rofl2: it been a while since I heard that term!

Last week ours went up 83 cents a liter, due to enviromental reasons.

The ferry was shut down due to low water and fuel had to be flown in. blink.gif

But now the ferry is running again and gas is back to normal #1.169 a liter.

I love how our gas prices stay unchanged for months or even longer up here.

None of the price fluctuation Bull like in Onatrio. tease.giftease.giftease.gif

Our prices in Ontario fluxuate between a ~$1.00 to ~$1.10 ... I'll take that over a price that stays at $1.169 any day.

..but they're not really a "tax".. lol Same crap with AV gas.. not supposed to be any road tax on it.. so they slapped a 2.7% excise tax on it decades ago to pay for the Flight Service network (that most of us never use). Said system was sold out and privatized about 10 years ago now, and they refuse to remove the excise tax.. that then has HST charged on top of the total.

We are getting it up the asshat.gif again after midnight, an increase of 4.5 cents!

I'm fed up with all the fuel price Bull too.

I was in the market for a new vehicle. Rising fuel prices made my decision easier.

Just leased a 2011 VW Jetta with a 2.0 litre turbo diesel engine. (torque 236 lbs.- ft. )

Should be picking it up in the next few days.