My sons speech

aniceguy

In our home, deep Cristian beliefs govern how we treat, are treated and how we choose to live.

Both my wife and I are also very diligent in teaching our children that there are many who died to give them the freedom to swim play x box and do the things they do today, they have embraced Remberence day and understand the gravity of the day

My son in grade 5 wrote a poem about today, which was entered into a competition and it appears now will grace the halls of legions, and military bases around this country

Below is his poem

A SOLDIER'S WISH

Im in my final resting place in flanders field's as all us soldiers should be,

From time to time I wonder why I joined the Military, My time has come, I have reached the end

Lying in my poppy bed, I hope I have succeeded your free today to be, my mission is complete

I bled for you, I cried for you and held my head high for you, Will you do the same for our country

at the 11th minute of the 11th hour please take a brief moment to respect those that died for our freedom

Edited by aniceguy

I was at my daughters Rememberance day ceramony today. She spoke her part and moved the entire gym. It is immportant to get our kids involed. Just singing Oh Canada with a Gymnasium full of kids sent shivers up my spine, I was prouder than ever to be Canadian.

" Do not stand at my grave and weep,

I am not there I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow.

I am the diamond glint on snow.

I am the sunlight ripend grain.

I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you wake in the morning hush,

I am the swift, uplifting rush

Of quiet birds in circling flight.

I am the soft starlight at night.

Do not stand at my grve and weep,

I am not there, I do not sleep.

Do not stand at my grave and cry,

I am not there I did not die! "

Everyone's too busy to get no where Albert.. unfortunately!

I stood quietly in my hangar door opening at 10:59am.. listening to the band I could hear either downtown Midland or Penetang (considering the wind direction I figure Midland) thinking of all those men gone before us and those that continue to serve....... and shed a few tears to boot.

A good lad you've got there Louis... let him follow his dreams!