Guest Manitoubass

Guest natron

About $2000 in tackle, swivels, hooks etc

About $300 in live bait, mostly med. minnows

$1700 in new rods for my kids, plus reels

$200 in line

$1500 in gas

$1000 in entry fees for local derbys/tournys

Very expensive year, and this doesnt include 5 new tackle boxes stacked, for my kids

What did you spend?

hummmm, let me see, not bad really.

500 for rods and reels

maybe 500 for tackle

4500 for boat motor and trailer(got an insane deal)

40 bucks gas, got an 8hpclapping.gif

200 for life jackets safety gear and permits

got the sonars for free, does that count. if not 500 for them

thats about it.

but after going to sail, i coulda spent loads morewhistling.gif

I spent about $300 on a few lures,plastics,hooks etc...maybe $60 on line for my 3 rods...and the 2 rods i bought cost me about $875 on a spinning setup and a baitcasting...

Next season I'll guess about 5hundred on another rod/reel and maybe 200 on tackle...then new line for the 4 setups.

Well see :P

I've got a housefull of excellent gear and haven't bought anything in a couple years.

I think alot of stuff catches more fishermen than fish :oops:

I'm kinda like Lew, fished heavy since age of before 10, bought a fancy over and under shotgun at 16 with my summer earnings at 16, didn't get married till a few months shy of 50, worked a lot of years to support my fishin' and huntin' habit, bought LOTS of HIGH quality gear, now I just maintain what I've got since I've retired. :canadian:

im also in the same boat as lew, spent alot of money over a couple of years buying high end stuff. bought a new boat that HOPEFULLY wont cause problems. so now all i really buy is bait, the occasional bag of plastics, jig heads etc. now that ive spent about 30k fishing has gotten pretty cheap...

Dont want to add it all up. Tournies/Gas and gear and new electronics,Trolling Motor,rods and reels, so far about $25,000 this season. I'm sure its more but just guessing.

Like the other guy said, all this stuff bought now fishing gets cheaper. LMAO. :w00t::w00t:

Edited by smalliefisher

My name's Richard and I'm a fishing tackle-aholic :Gonefishing:

I'm not going to start adding it up but I know I've saved quite a lot by buying lures on eBay so the more I spend, the more I save, right?? :D

I do buy quality gear rather than cheap crap though, some of my Shimano reels are 8-10 years old and still going strong.

Edited by cuzza

i went thru the tackle hoarding phase that i think everyone goes thru. the nafter a couple of season fishing nothing but the same jighead, rapala and spiinerbait i cut it down to about three little trays. filling

up the boat and hauling around all that gear i never used.....

Growing up, there was (in no particular order):

- The float rod phase: When I learned how to build rods in high school and could easily obtain components from G. Loomis Canada for relatively cheap. I think at one point I owned 8 different float rods (11’6 – 14’) mostly from Loomis, Lamiglas and Hardy. But I made money on almost all the rods when I sold them which was good :thumbsup_anim:

- The centrepin collecting phase. Some of which only saw the water once and others I regret selling/trading now for what I sold/traded them for. :wallbash:

- The entering into the wonderful world of fly fishing phase (I was quite partial to Sage fly rods) :whistling:

- The entering into the wonderful world of ice fishing phase...It wasn’t too bad but I’m still down a portable hut, survival suit and a really good set of boots :(

Ironically I never really did spend that much in a year on carp…Except in 2008 when I blew a wad of $ on a new custom carp rod and a new baitrunner :whistling:

I think I’m on the road to recovery and salvation. So long as I don’t pick up any other types of fishing (Like for muskies and saltwater toothy critters), I should be fine

This year:

$11 on corn for carp…

$70 on NY licenses

$100 on terminal tackle and lures for trout and walleye

$18 on worms

$18 on minnows

$9 on leeches

I’m doing well comparatively :thumbsup_anim:

Depends on the year. About 30K one year with the purchase of the boat. This year, not so much. With gas and a few tackle replacements, fly in fishing trip, about $2500- $3000 this year so far. Tackle alone this year maybe $2-300 in baits, plastics, line. Need to replace a broke rod still......and there is still 4 months left in the boating season!! lol!

I love rods & tackle & other fishing related items, so I'll always spend a lot and be a mini-tackle-hoarder.

As I mostly fish soft-plastics for bass, I spend A LOT of money on tackle. Soft plastics don't always last that long and are more prone to being destroyed in storage. I'd say I spend $30/week on tackle on average, with a few BIG sprees here and there.

This year I've bought 2 rods & 2 reels (including my first fly rod), so it has been a pricey year indeed.

I always try to broaden my horizons a little, so I use a new bait or two every time I go out. That's one of my rules! This way you can find some more staple baits and find confidence using new stuff. It's a great practice that others should consider. Actually, within the next few weeks I'm going to do something I call "Junk Fishing." I'm going to load my vest with all kinds of underused lures and lures I've never used. (I'm talking things like old wood plugs, kwikfish, tadpoles, spinner-minnows, weird soft plastics.) Then I'm going to head out to the rivers and see if I can pick up some SMB or Pike on these outdated/weird lures. I suspect I will.

Ryan

Guest natron

Next year wont be nearly as expensive for me. I have 3 rods/reels I love, so no more of those. I also experimented alot this year with my plastics as well as some DT Rapalas, flat raps and x raps, so next year I already know what I like and will just have to occasionally replace a bait here and there or a bag of plastics once in awhile.

I have alot of jigs as well, and wont need to replace them anytime soon (I bought about 100 black jigs, had awesome luck walleye fishing this year with them!)

no new baits or gear -- have plenty and the more i fish, the more i find simple is better. i have a handful of proven producers and several outfits for different applications and species ;)

so.. this year it's "just" been

terminal tackle

a boat. :D

Edited by Raf