My best friend passed away today

splashhopper

His name was Hutch.

He was my closest friend and spiritual mentor since 1994.

Hutch's faith in God, Service to others and infectious optimism for life was a sight to see and be a part of.

He was a solid "friend of Bill W" for the past 28 years.

This man walked with me through ups and downs and never once complained about his own failing health in the last six months.

His shoes may never be filled with the likes of this giant ever again.

Hutch helped hundreds of men turn their lives around from the depths of the bottle.

I know God has a seat reserved right next to him and I am confident that the two of Them will watch over me as they see fit.

I am sure they will even have a laugh or two at my own expense. :blush:

I miss him already.

Thank you OFC for being a special place for me tonight.

Sincerely

Ron Hunter

From the song THREE WOODEN CROSSES By - RANDY TRAVIS

"It's not what you take when you leave this world behind you. It's what you leave behind you when you go."

It sounds like Hutch has left a lot of wonderful memories, and helped a lot of people! May he rest in peace.

From the song THREE WOODEN CROSSES By - RANDY TRAVIS

"It's not what you take when you leave this world behind you. It's what you leave behind you when you go."

It sounds like Hutch has left a lot of wonderful memories, and helped a lot of people! May he rest in peace.

I like that line Cliff:

Hutch left behind a long long list of people he helped crawl out of the bottom of a bottle.

As a direct result of his un-dieing support and love, so many have turned their lives around and are helping others do the same.

THAT IS one helluva legacy to this man.

Great people who affect our lives at sometime will move on. While it makes you sad he no longer is here in body the lessons and guidance will live on thru you and if you pass them on he becomes immortal. Take the time to grieve as needed but also take the time to rejoice for he has been freed from the pains of failing health and can now look down and watch the lives of the many he has guided.

Art

THAT IS one helluva legacy to this man.

Sorry to hear this. Within that leagacy his spirit will continue to live.

Do your best to continue that legacy by helping others forever in the same way.

Knowing the difference between what you can change, or can't change makes for a positive choice most of the time.

my deepest sympathy to you Ron. i too lost the man responsible for my own sobriety. 6 months in, i was, and he had 15 yrs. Went on a binge and died in a car accident.

im still here and living life in under his watchful eye.

we never know why or when, all we can be is grateful for the opportunity to have walked with him for a while.

my deepest sympathy to you Ron. i too lost the man responsible for my own sobriety. 6 months in, i was, and he had 15 yrs. Went on a binge and died in a car accident.

im still here and living life in under his watchful eye.

we never know why or when, all we can be is grateful for the opportunity to have walked with him for a while.

Mercman: I lost my first mentor when I was 2.5 yrs in the fellowship.. I thought that was a tough day.

Hutch has been my mentor for the last seventeen. This has been a tough day.