Apology

Rich

While I have "fessed up" via PM over the last 2 days to multiple people, I guess I'm better off to just make a post about it here on OFC and hope that others see it on other boards.

It's true. I attempted to take credit for someone else's prize catch. Within minutes of posting, I realized I had made a mistake, and removed the picture. But nonetheless, I made the mistake. IT was stupid, ignorant and childish of me to do something like that. The first person I fessed up to and apologized to was Mike, the man who caught the fish and deserves all the credit. He had asked me at the time to keep it between us and enough damage had been done, but I can see that's impossible to do.

So I apologize to all for my stupid actions. It was a huge mistake, and I have learned from it. It - and nothing like it - will ever happen again from me.

Mike deserves all the credit in the world for catching that brown. I was there to shake his hand when he landed it, and I'm still here to "pat him on the back".. that was awesome.

I am truly sorry and hope you can find it in you to forgive me.

Rich

I'm not really up on what exactly happened, but I'm with Whopper, if that's a sincere apology for something that appears to have upset a lot of people, then it takes a big man (not just physically buddy) to write a note like that.

We all learn by making mistakes, getting up, wiping ourselves off and moving on.

Good on ya bud.

Rich. I know you're in a position where things have spun out of control and you've been pigeon holed into an admission of guilt, but I want to say that it certainly does take guts to admit it and ask for forgiveness.

The internet makes the world a very small place.

Good luck with things.

Dont sweat it Rich.

A friend of mine likes to tell a story about ice fishing.

He was fishing with his uncle and his uncle was too far from one of his holes that had a bite. So my friend brought in the big brookie and put it on the ice. His uncle says my line my fish and now the brookie is on his wall. The uncle tells all that he caught that nice fish. But my friend still fishes with his uncle.

Rich, it definitely took some guts to come out and admit what you've done. We've all told the odd fish story over the years, or embellished one. I had my picture taken with a 168 lb. tarpon in South Carolina a number of years ago, and was so tempted to tell people I caught it. We're fishermen, we slip up sometimes Someone put it well in an earlier post that it just so happens this happened in front of a very large audience. You did the right thing by coming clean, and it takes a big person to do that in front of everyone. All is forgiven. And hey, look at the brightside......there's no one here disputing you can catch big fish! I watched your clip of that mammoth king you landed earlier in the year. That was your fish right? I'm kidding!!.....let's get back to fishing!

HA! I knew something was awry when the other post came out, and it looks like they did the same thing... I said looks.

It ain't a big deal to me, I've got a buddy that tries to pull that crap all the time... he'll see somebody with a nice fish and run over there and ask if he can hold it or he'll just stand next to it and have his pic taken. Then he'll wait for 3 or 4 years and pull out the pic and try to tell me he caught that fish, then I'll tell him he's a damn liar because I was there when the pic was taken... then he'll get a sheepish look on his face and tell me I aint s'posed to remember that. :lol:

It aint the first nor the last time it will ever be done... but now your credebility on all your previous fish pics is shot! ;) ... you :D:lol: ought to be ashamed of yourself for posing with Sleded's fish like that. :blush: