Darned Weather Channel

Joey

Got up at 5 a.m. to do some salmon fishing, threw on the Weather Channel and it showed thunderstorms all day so we decided not to go.

We had a light sprinkle of rain and now its sunny :wallbash:

Anyone else cancel their plans today due to the weatherman? Did ANYBODY get thunderstorms yet?

I feel duped :lol:

Joey

Well I spose its better to be sitting here than to be caught out there in a wind/thunderstorm. Guess we made the right choice then. Its just that there's no wind here and its nice out, I was a bit miffed!! Guess plan B is in order - To the Mall :clapping:

Joey

Wife and I were walking through the mall a couple days ago, holding hands as usual, when a friend stopped us and asked, "How come I always see you two holding hands all the time? Aren't you a little old for that?" I said, "Yeah, maybe, but if I let go of her, she shops!"

Wife and I were walking through the mall a couple days ago, holding hands as usual, when a friend stopped us and asked, "How come I always see you two holding hands all the time? Aren't you a little old for that?" I said, "Yeah, maybe, but if I let go of her, she shops!"

That's why I leave Paul at home when I go to the mall Bob :D

Weather channel kinda screwed me too, they just said a little bit of rain this morning, then t-storms in the afternoon. Went out onto Cooks Bay at 7am, was already raining quite a bit, got off at 9:30am still hadn't stop raining. Decent day though between the two of us caught 3 pike, one over 30"

Last week Mon when Rick and I went out with Tony, they were calling for high winds and iffy weather. We took our chances and it was beautiful! Just can't count on anything when the humidity is so high. Sorry you missed out on your day!

Guest gbfisher

We didnt listen to the weather network and went to Bluffers for the morning. Had some rains but nothing that got anyone wet. Didnt bother the fish any. Got one just over 30 and a bunch of others. Off the water by 1 pm.

The wind they reported didnt show until after we left.

I drove down to Toronto and back today Joey and went thru alot of very heavy rain, specially up this way. Infact going across the Chemong Causeway about 11:00 I could hardly see across the lake.

Saw a couple guys motoring in to the boat ramp and they looked like a pair of drowned ducks, but then again, they probably caught more fish today than I did :lol:

i just start ignoring it.

Ditto…For me I step outside, look around and gauge my forecast that way. I get the same forecast as the Weather Network and it’s more up to date and in real time :thumbsup_anim:

Over the years I’ve learned that:

If the weather guy/gal can’t correctly predict the right forecast for the next 2-3hrs (which more often than not they don’t), what hope does he/she have trying to predict weather 3-5 days from now?

If the P.O.P percentage is anything other than 0% or 100%, it’s really their way of saying, “your guess is as good as ours.” A lot of the time they still get it wrong when it is 0% and 100% probability.

I gave up on looking at long range forecasts in exchange for common sense, observation and a good set of gore-tex jacket/pants along with a fleece jacket when it might get cold.

Ditto…For me I step outside, look around and gauge my forecast that way. I get the same forecast as the Weather Network and it's more up to date and in real time :thumbsup_anim:

Over the years I've learned that:

If the weather guy/gal can't correctly predict the right forecast for the next 2-3hrs (which more often than not they don't), what hope does he/she have trying to predict weather 3-5 days from now?

If the P.O.P percentage is anything other than 0% or 100%, it's really their way of saying, "your guess is as good as ours." A lot of the time they still get it wrong when it is 0% and 100% probability.

I gave up on looking at long range forecasts in exchange for common sense, observation and a good set of gore-tex jacket/pants along with a fleece jacket when it might get cold.

I don't know who your parents are Mike, but you have a good head on your shoulders.