Northern Lights tonite

lew

This mornings news was talking about a larger than normal solar flare recentely which should give us a good display of the Northern Lights tonite and again tomorrow night.

Guess I don't have to tell ya that you need to be facing north to see them :lol:

not sure if we can even see them from the deep south but when I lived in Sudbury they were amazing to see nothing better then being up at camp with no hydro or lights around and watching them dance hope everyone who can get out and watch them takes advantage of the night

not sure if we can even see them from the deep south but when I lived in Sudbury they were amazing to see nothing better then being up at camp with no hydro or lights around and watching them dance hope everyone who can get out and watch them takes advantage of the night

The news just said people will be able to see it as far south as Houston TX, up until Thursday morning. Thats alot of sun-flare.

I'm most certainly going to give it a shot - would love to see them again. Hopefully they shine on KW.

I"ll be defn' taking the dslr outside of London, and hopefully getting some nice photo's of it .. provided theres no overcast, but so far, lookin' good on that front(no pun intended)

Anyone get any good pic's?

last night ended up being rad cloudy here in London last night ..

if its clear at all, i'll be taking the TDI a couple hours northo f town, get as dark as possible, and hopefully be able to catch some nice photos with the dslr!

if i do, i'll post them for sure!! **fingers crossed**

Nothing last night either but when I was out on the back deck at 4:30 this morning a large bright meteor shot across the sky directly overhead.

Not exactly the Northern Lights but still a heck of a nice way to start the day. :thumbsup_anim:

Nothing last night either but when I was out on the back deck at 4:30 this morning a large bright meteor shot across the sky directly overhead.

Not exactly the Northern Lights but still a heck of a nice way to start the day. :thumbsup_anim:

Probably an early Perseid meteor Lew the Perseid meteor shower peaks in a week or so check out this site for up to date info if you are interested Spaceweather Info

enjoy Kawartha Kev