Banner day out on Lake O this morning.

BillM

If I could use one word to describe the fishing I had this morning it would be insanity. I've never had fishing like this in Lake O before... maybe chaos would be better, lol. A new fishing buddy of mine dropped me an email lastnight and said we should hit Lake O bright and early.. I'm not one to refuse, so I met him down at the ramp at 5am and we were in the water at 5:15.. As soon as the first rigger was set and we were about to sit back and relax all hell broke loose. Double/triple headers... Rods being left in the rod holders with fish on them while we brought others in, it was freaking awesome!

We almost had the ultra Grand Slam today.. Chinook, Coho and Atlantic Salmon along with Lake, Rainbow and Brown trout.. Only missed out on the Atlantic and I lost a Laker so close to the boat because I was horsing the damn thing in I'll call it a catch, lol. Justin landed the fattest brown I've ever seen, 13-14lbs, just a monster. We also both landed some nice Coho's, I think his was the biggest at 10-12lbs.. A couple of bows in the 10lb range and more Chinooks then you can imagine. Being conservative we boated easily 30 fish this morning and unhooked/lost a good 15-20. Big Chinook of the day came in at 28.5lbs, I was lucky enough to pick up the rod when it went off :) I got another one at 23 and Justin landed a 26.5lb beaut. We lost a monster as we were setting up, this thing ate the spoon on the drop then went airborne! We were laughing like crazy as Justin tried to gain line on it but it was to lake. It jumped a good half a dozen times and that was it.. Big big fish..

Onto the pics!

lakeo004.jpg

lakeo006.jpg

lakeo008.jpg

lakeo009.jpg

lakeo011.jpg

Justin has some great ones with his camera, once he emails them to me I'll update the thread!!

That's fantastic Bill! Looking forward to seeing more pics. I'd say you owe your bud big time. At least three Hail Mary's and maybe even an act of contrition.

What a great day you had!

Guest Johnny Bass

WOW! Very impressive!!! Where is the picture of the brown? Is it the second last pic?

Edited by Johnny Bass