Multi Species Report

Cudz

For the past 3 years I have been at a boys' weekend on a lake in Muskoka for opening day bass. This year was a blast as always. We all went to high school together and despite being 36-38 years old and living in different areas of Ontario, we still manage to get together. There is a Gm of a major retailer, a general contractor, a honda factory worker, an insurance adjuster, a lawyer, a hydro one lineman, a golf pro and of course a school teacher (sounds like we should be singing a version of YMCA or something like that)

As you can see from the pics there is a sweet moustache theme.

During the weekend there is a fins and skins tournament. We try to catch 5 different species in the lake (walleye, lm bass, sm bass, pike, and crappie). We have 2 teams of 4. You get 1 point per species and a bonus point for each species if it is the biggest. My team managed to catch all 5 species and at the same time managed to catch the largest of each species as well. We therefore scored 10 points. The other team manged only 4 species and none were bigger than ours so they only scored 4 points so that means we had a 6 stroke lead going into the golf.

Now on to the golf. We play a shamble and score 2 of the best 4 per hole. Once the 18 holes are finished we add up the team scores. When all was said and done, we lost the golf by 7 strokes and therefore lost the competition by 1 Point!

Great weekend and fishing was good. I forgot to sleep and am still recovering.

We even managed to go on our midnight cruise without jumping the boat.

I caught lmb, smb, rock bass, brown bullhead, walleye, crappie, pumpkinseed, pike, perch and a big sucker (5.6 pounds)

Leaving my house with some sweet cookie dusters on our lips

gib1002.jpg

Early evening smallie

gib1003.jpg

Night cruise without any drama

gib1004.jpg

Little snot rocket

gib1005.jpg

My buddy's LMB note deerfly biting his head. haha

gib1006.jpg

Big sucker that dropped a huge deuce on my boat.

gib1007.jpg

Tiny pumpkinseed. Caught loads. I don't really mind catching them. They fight hard for little fish and really pretty.

gib1009.jpg

Hungry friend with pike

gib1010.jpg

Another friend with a nice little LMB

gib1011.jpg

Nice little pike

gib1012.jpg

Group shot of some bad staches

gib1013.jpg

Nice nightitme smallie

gib1014.jpg

Frog caught during golf

gib1016.jpg

Some nice golf swag

gib1017.jpg

Nice Little LMB

gib1018.jpg

Bullhead lol

gib1019.jpg

Nice evening walleye

gib1020.jpg

My buddy trying to make a 4" rockbass look bigger

gib1023.jpg

Nice crappie

gib1033.jpg

Edited by Cudz

Sounds like a fantastic weekend....I am stunned at how many species you pulled out of Muskoka....I don't think I've ever even heard of anyone pulling out Crappie. And that sucker is so beefy it looks like a carp! Also...the t-bars are crazy blonde...what gives?!?!? LOL

That's the perfect guys weekend.

Ours guys weekend is coming up last weekend in July. 20-30 guys all old/semi retired hockey players, Staches and your Misses(and or Moms for the single guys) ugliest summer dress is the entry fee.

What happens at the Patty House, stays at the.....

Hopefully we may get a full 18 in this year!

Thaks for the post Cudz, great memories.

Edited by Harrison

Awesome weekend by the looks of it! Too bad you guys couldn't pull out the win with a 6 point lead though :wallbash: . What's in it for the winners? Probably not enough to give up fishing time to brush up on the golf game I'm guessing. lol

Edited by jaydub

Popped collar was def a part of the outfit. I just cotinued wearing it when I got back to the cottage and fished with it popped. If you are going to go, go all out.

I am not sure if we got every species. I think there may be some bowfin in there.

Did Tony even try to grow a stash??? That was week. :thumbsup_anim:

Oh yes he did. Look closely. It is very weak though. Dirty little caterpillar on his lip. Robby G did not grow one. Said he couldn't because of his job (we think because of his wife)

gib1031.JPG