Getting Hooked is Finished

Getting Hooked TV Show Shutting Down

Press Release: June 22nd, 2010

The popular TV fishing show Getting Hooked with Aaron and Barry will be permanently shutting down for business effective immediately. There will be no more TV shows filmed for Getting Hooked. The last episode that will air on TV will be on the Outdoor Life Network (OLN) scheduled for Saturday July 3rd, 2010 at 10am and 12:30pm.

The official Getting Hooked website at www.gettinghooked.net will also be shut down permanently by the end of June 2010. The 2010 series of Getting Hooked with Aaron and Barry will not be uploaded to the internet.

The co-hosts Aaron Shirley and Barry Pringle have recently made this difficult decision, as they are both planning to go in a different direction with their fishing careers.

Aaron Shirley and Barry Pringle would like to personally thank all of their viewers and fans for watching episodes of Getting Hooked over the years. They have appreciated the opportunity to work with such great sponsors as Kodak, Normark, Breck’s, Lund Boats, and Walker Downriggers to create a unique fishing TV show. Aaron and Barry would also like to thank their supporters and the WildTV and OLN Networks.

The Future for Aaron and Barry

Aaron Shirley: will be hosting an exciting new fishing TV show called Surely Fishing. This action-packed series will focus on hot and unique fishing bites around Canada with anglers like you. That’s right, anglers just like you! Ever dream about appearing on a National TV show? Well, this is your chance. All the episodes will air on the Outdoor Life Network (OLN) and on-demand at www.surelyfishing.ca scheduled to be launched later this year. More information about this new show and how you can apply to become a guest host for a day will be made available on-line shortly. Pitch us your best show idea!

Barry Pringle: Television hasn’t seen the last of Barry Pringle. Recently Barry met up with Luc Courtois, President of 180 Marketing and Michal Pasco, Director of 180 Productions and began discussions regarding the concept of a new show. In short, a new style of fishing show was born. Full details of Barry's new show will be revealed shortly. What we can tell you is the new show which just recently started production, will honour the creative vision of Director Michal Pasco, who in the past has worked on many projects in the entertainment, fashion and advertising industries. Branding and marketing will be managed by the award winning creative team at 180 Marketing. For all inquiries please contact Luc at [email protected] or 905-687-3371

Shirley you cant be serious !

He is and don't call him Shirley. :D

Good Luck gents, it's not an easy go as you know. I have a concept/idea for a fishing show that is 5 years in the making and it's finally coming together. Some here will remember it.

All the best guys!

Edited by Harrison

:( Sorry to hear that Getting Hooked has come to an end, I'm a huge fan of your bass, pike/musky and walleye episodes; they were an awesome remedy for those cabin fever days during winter. Watching Barry get pumped on catching fish big or small was always entertaining :lol:

Good luck to both you and Barry, I hope you guys are still on good terms with each other. Looking forward to both new projects from the both of ya's

Cheers

Really sorry to hear that news but everything that happens, happens for a reason, perhaps now we will have two great shows to watch instead of only one.

I hope you will post on here when you start looking for guest hosts, I'd love to know more.

A fan of you both!

Big Cliff

I think it's a great move Aaron... Barry was holding you back ! :ninja:

Now for future shows.... .na we couldn't do the "secrets of Temagami ice"... you can't find any! :sarcasm: .. and we couldn't show baits, or locations so it would be pretty boring with just them big fish in the lime light..

Edited by irishfield

I think it's a great move Aaron... Barry was holding you back ! :ninja:

I'm positive that Wayne said this with a grain of salt.

Personally I'm not afraid to say I agree with this statement 100%.

Good luck in your future venture, I'm sure it'll be a success.

Thank you all for your comments everyone. I was waiting for the pun and movie reference :lol:

I definitely hope to receive formal show ideas from OFC'ers on my new site when it is up and running. For now, a PM here will do, as the new site will not be up until the fall. You do not need to be a tourney angler, guide or fishing pro to pitch a show idea. I have already received several good show ideas from anglers since the press release from here, Facebook etc. I look forward to hearing your show ideas!

I will have a press release all about the new show later to keep you all informed.

Good fishing!

Aaron