Here she is,,,my new '10 Ranger 621

Gman

nice ride dude but you should be getting more speed , change of prop is in order but great ride , to quote my friend brian DROOL and double drool with a little "why did I have 5 kids" lol if you ever get lonely and need some company CALL ME ....

Thanks for the kind words guys. We're really excited to get out fishing in it. Like others have also stated, Greg and his team @ DT Powersports along with Ranger were a pleasure to deal with, questions about whatever you could ask answered within 48 hours either by email or direct phone call - nothing short of impressive :clapping:

Just working on putting the finishing touches on it over the next week or so, such as putting on the big clear plastic condom :lol: aka chipguarding. This is the same clear pressure sensitive adhesive which is applied to the front of your vehicle to protect & prevent stone chips; I'm having the hull from the water line up to and just over the inside of the gunnel done as well as both sides of the 300 cowling. Then I've got some rod holders, Bert's tracks for the riggers at the back to install along with the wiring for riggers and last but not least both the HDS8's along with structure scan. The backbone of the network including shoot thru hull transducer has already been installed by Ranger @ the factory. Also have a few more hours of break in to do.

Got a 14.5"x21P Pro Series on the way which from a friends experience in the US should allow us to hit approx 63 mph in the peak power range 5800-6000, which is quite impressive for essentially a 22' fiberglass hull.

It is very possible there will be an opportunity or two with an open seat for someone to join me/us for a fish either on Lake Ontario for kings or Erie for walleyes ;) . I'll be sure to post back here under a separate thread.

I'll post more detailed pics once she's fulled rigged and fish ready to keep ya'll in the loop.

Cheers G.

• 3 weeks later...

What a beautiful boat. Congratulations. The 57m seems very slow to me for a 300hp. I know guys with rangers and 250's and they top out around 75. Yours looks heavier and maybe the deeper hull design offsets speed with a better rough water ride. I would suspect with proper setup you should be able to at least touch 70 with that rig. I couldn't tell if it had a manual or auto jack plate? Not that speed really matters when you're already in the 50's but I suspect that you're putting a lot of load on the engine.

Edited by waterrunner

Thanks guys, it's been fun rigging her up to! Want to make sure I get it right the first time. Also been doing some testing with props - try to keep in mind this is a walleye style multi-species hull design for smooth rides on the big water no matter what you're chasing as opposed to a bass boat design.

Got her out for a shakedown fish this weekend, all went well. Report of the rigging pics and shakedown fish to follow.

Cheers G.