Did a bear leave this ??

lew

Me and the pooch were out wandering thru the bush this morning and I came across this little pile about 100 yards behind my property. It's too big for a dog, at least any dog around here, and also too much for a coyote I think. It's about 6 or 7" long and 1 1/2" wide

There's bears in this area and I'm just wondering if I had a visitor this morning as this was pretty fresh.

Anybody know for sure ??

Cnv0590.jpg

Hey! Are we allow to post crap like that?? w00t.giflaugh.gif

I would say yes. Saw some once at a cottage I was staying at on Stoney Lake, looked very similar to your photo Lew.

Edit - We also saw the tracks to confirm that a bear had been by.

Edited by fishnsled

I looked for tracks too Will but it's all just soft leaves there so nothing showed up. Fella down the road had a bear in his yard last week and I'm guessing it's the same guy.

Guest gbfisher

I looked for tracks too Will but it's all just soft leaves there so nothing showed up. Fella down the road had a bear in his yard last week and I'm guessing it's the same guy.

Reminds me of that Eddie Murphy joke about the Rabbit and the Bear.

The rabbit is sitting having a dump and along comes a bear who sits rather close to the rabbit and he too starts havin a dump. The rabbit gets kinda scared when the bear asks him. Do you have a problem with Scat sticking to your fur? The rabbit reply's Why no I don't thinking to himself how lucky he is.

So the bear wipes himself with the rabbit. :w00t:

The rabbit is sitting having a dump and along comes a bear who sits rather close to the rabbit and he too starts havin a dump. The rabbit gets kinda scared when the bear asks him. Do you have a problem with Scat sticking to your fur? The rabbit reply's Why no I don't thinking to himself how lucky he is.

that just made my day :clapping::rofl2:

Ugg! I literally had my mouth full of breakfast when I scrolled to that picture! Thanks Lew for that added extra taste of "outdoor wilderness" on my toast. It was a little hard to swallow. It appears to be what you had suspected. I'm stepping in the stuff everywhere at the cottage. Lots of bears in our neck of the woods.

Me and the pooch were out wandering thru the bush this morning and I came across this little pile about 100 yards behind my property. It's too big for a dog, at least any dog around here, and also too much for a coyote I think. It's about 6 or 7" long and 1 1/2" wide

There's bears in this area and I'm just wondering if I had a visitor this morning as this was pretty fresh.

Anybody know for sure ??

Cnv0590.jpg

Any human bones, hair or fingernails in it? That would hopefully rule out yer neighbours.

JF

Eddie Murphy steals jokes now? Heard it from Gilbert Gottfried, and it's a joke that he'd tell.

Looks like Bear scat to me Lew. We had it (of all places!) on the deck beside our bedroom window! last year. It appeared on several occasions. I washed it away, and it was back within a few days. Strangest thing we ever could of imagined. It was full of berries and such.

Nothing this year.

Me thinks it is deer poop, winter scat is the black jelly bean looking poo, when in summer when diet changed doo doo gets soft.

haha had to incorporate as many different variations of the word crap