Did a bear leave this ??

lew

I wanna see the deer that laid that egg---30 cal would'nt take it down

Take it from Joe Two Rivers Cousin here---That be Bar

It DEFINITELY would be one LARGE Whitetail Deer...but I have a 130 grain Power Point bullet that would be delivered from my Ruger .270 that I'm sure would bring it down... :thumbsup_anim:

having farmed deer and elk for many years i can also assure you it isnt deer....( at least i have never seen deer poop look like this at any given time of year ) even on electrolites after a scour)

black bear or bobcat ( eliminated yote coon and deer...)although i have found coon poop in the corn similar to this )

to know for sure ....taste it and see who it tastes like...regardless im sure it will taste crappy

Edited by Twocoda

Guest gbfisher

both are deer ...one is scouring

no..here is one more of the last kind that you thought was a Deer. More Scat for chat...

bear-scat-at-bear-tree-cropped-and-resized.jpg?w=500

:lol:

Lew, that ain't deer poop.... deer scat will look like a pile of glossets. It's definitely a bear's... but if you want to make sure.... jab at it with a branch and see if there's any fur or fruits in the middle....

Bears are mainly carnivores and will eat just about anything.... they will kill and eat fawns (4 - 5 each year), that is why the does, when giving birth, will eat the amionic (spelling here??) sack and lick it's offspring until dry and cannot omit any smell.

And also why the fawns have spots so to camouflage themselves with it's environment.... they are pretty hard to see. I know you have lots of deers around cause of the pics you posted in the past when you moved to your new house. Having them around and bears, I'm sure the old grumpy is scouting for some fresh food.... fawns are his target and trust me they have a pretty acute sense of smell.

If I was you, I'd keep my garbage cans under locks too.

Hope this make sense and helps you out.

Leechman

Male bear 400 lbs +/- a bit. (a sow will have her cub(s) with her and wouldn't likely come that close unless she was really hungry and she will be looking for high protien right now because of the cubs. She wouldn't bother with bird seed) and has been enjoying bird seed either from your place or somewhere close by.

Stop feeding the birds (there is enough natural food for them now anyway) and do not leave any food scraps around even in a garbage can or in your garage.

They usually won't bother a person unless they are startled or cornered, they will choose to run away if given the chance. If you do encounter one, do not run from it, stand and face it, just like a dog, they will chase after you if you run away because to them you are just game trying to escape! If you stand and face ityou pose a threat to them, they will escape if they can.

I have hunted bears for nearly fourty years, been between a sow and her cubs on many many occasions and never once have I been attacked. They have always chosen to leave even to the point of leaving their cubs behind.

Lew, that ain't deer poop.... deer scat will look like a pile of glossets. It's definitely a bear's... but if you want to make sure.... jab at it with a branch and see if there's any fur or fruits in the middle....

Bears are mainly carnivores and will eat just about anything.... they will kill and eat fawns (4 - 5 each year), that is why the does, when giving birth, will eat the amionic (spelling here??) sack and lick it's offspring until dry and cannot omit any smell.

And also why the fawns have spots so to camouflage themselves with it's environment.... they are pretty hard to see. I know you have lots of deers around cause of the pics you posted in the past when you moved to your new house. Having them around and bears, I'm sure the old grumpy is scouting for some fresh food.... fawns are his target and trust me they have a pretty acute sense of smell.

If I was you, I'd keep my garbage cans under locks too.

Hope this make sense and helps you out.

Leechman

Are you kidding me dude, bears are omnivores at best the chances of a bear getting a fawn are slim unless it dies or gets injured. There scavangers so they will eat meat but don't hunt it, they survive mostly on plants, berries and dead stuff. In Ontario we have Black Bears not grizzlys for the most part there pretty lame, docille, shy creatures unless provoked and get use to garbage and man, then they can become a problem.

i dont think its bear poop, i would guess more big cat/dog type animal, but we'll never know for sure. Lew, you might think about putting a game camera in you're back yard, bet you'll get some pretty cool pics,

black bears ARE hunters, food is scarce in the spring, they WILL take down fawns easily, and will also take down calf moose

Are you kidding me dude, bears are omnivores at best the chances of a bear getting a fawn are slim unless it dies or gets injured. There scavangers so they will eat meat but don't hunt it, they survive mostly on plants, berries and dead stuff. In Ontario we have Black Bears not grizzlys for the most part there pretty lame, docille, shy creatures unless provoked and get use to garbage and man, then they can become a problem.

Sorry man---Leechman is right

Actually black bears are hard on moose calves as well

Me and the pooch were out wandering thru the bush this morning and I came across this little pile about 100 yards behind my property. It's too big for a dog, at least any dog around here, and also too much for a coyote I think. It's about 6 or 7" long and 1 1/2" wide

There's bears in this area and I'm just wondering if I had a visitor this morning as this was pretty fresh.

Anybody know for sure ??

Cnv0590.jpg

Dude I stand corrected :oops: they are omnivores but still will eat fawns.... Here's an excerpt of WikipediA :)

The majority of the black bear's animal diet consists of insects such as bees, yellow-jackets, ants and their larvae.[44] Black bears will fish for salmon during the night, as their black fur is easily spotted by salmon in the daytime. However, the white furred black bears of the islands of western Canada have a 30% greater success rate in catching salmon than their black furred counterparts.[45] They will prey on mule and white-tailed deer fawns in certain areas.[46][47][48] In addition they have been recorded preying on elk calves in Idaho[49] and moose calves in Alaska.[50] Black bears rarely attack adult deer, which are too swift, but have been recorded killing adult deer confined in wooden traps.[51] They may hunt adult moose by ambushing them as they pass by.[52] Black bears often drag their prey to cover, preferring to feed in seclusion and frequently begin feeding on the udder of lactating females, but generally prefer meat from the viscera. The skin of large prey is stripped back and turned inside out with the skeleton usually left largely intact. Unlike wolves and coyotes, black bears rarely scatter the remains of their kills. Vegetation around the carcass is usually matted down by black bears and their droppings are frequently found nearby. Black bears may attempt to cover remains of larger carcasses, though they do not do so with the same frequency as cougars and grizzly bears.[53] They may climb up to bald eagle nests to eat the eggs or chicks.[33] Black bears have been reported stealing deer and other animals from human hunters.