Chalk up another one for the good guys

Big Cliff

Was talking with a local fellow this morning, they observed two anglers fishing in front of their place catching and keeping well in excess of their limit. They phoned the OPP who responded promptly and nailed these two anglers with in excess of 450 fish, some OOS. :clapping: to the locals :thumbsup_anim: to the OPP for responding promptly and doing something about it. Come fishing on Sturgeon Lake, and a good time will be had by all. Come poaching and your ass is grass, we've had enough!

Yes, this is good news.

It sounds as though the positive new fishing regulations in FMZ17 have brought the limit issues to the forefront.

It also appears that calling local police or OPP is the way to go vs. the TIPS line.....

Edited by Dutch

450 is just out of control!

I wonder how much poaching they've been doing before they got caught. Who knows what else they're into as well. People like this have no regard or repect for anything including you and I. As I grow older, I find myself becoming less tolerant and more vocal toward idiots like this, enough is enough.

Thanks for posting this Cliff.

Peter

Great to hear Cliff.

Hopefully the word gets out and these guys stop the over harvest and maybe, just maybe, the Crappies and Sunfish get bigger so we all can enjoy the fishing opportunities!

Cheers, Ron...

Good to see they got out there right away and catch them in the act. Hope their pocketbooks get hit hard for something like this and that they never hold a rod again.

Thats a bit harsh there Rich,however will they pee?

Joe

That's good, I'm glad they are responding to people's complaints.

Is it just me or does there seem to be a lot more CO's out there this year? I've been stopped 4 times so far, on shore in areas I never thought they would patrol, and it's been a different co every time. I've got no reason to complain at all, but I'm just not use to being asked for my license by them or even seeing them around :S

MNR OFFICERS do not need a search warrant to search.

they can enter your place at any time with probable cause.

Big Cliff, I am very happy to hear they got caught, now lets hope they get nailed to the wall by the justice system.

It's tough to get away with anything in this technologically advanced world, just ask Tiger Woods.

I am glad to hear that the OPP responded in a timely fashion (as opposed to the old "called and no one showed up 'til two days later").

Wouldn't it be great if poachers have met their match in the cell phone and an educated public. Now, can Big Cliff halt infidelity....

Jim

Sad to hear that this sort of thing is happening out there, and glad to hear that you folks are doing something about it!

Just a few other comments or thoughts:

-Is it just me, or is this activity of keeping outrageous numbers of fish on the rise?

-Imagine how much of this is going on that Cliff and his neighbours don't see?

- What about all the other lakes? Who is watching them?

- What kind of people walk amongst us that feel they can rape the lakes and rivers in this way without any regard whatsoever for the future generations?

- Is this activity in way connected to the new open seasons and extended seasons?

My blood just boils at these thoughts!

Sad to hear that this sort of thing is happening out there, and glad to hear that you folks are doing something about it!

Just a few other comments or thoughts:

-Is it just me, or is this activity of keeping outrageous numbers of fish on the rise?

-Imagine how much of this is going on that Cliff and his neighbours don't see?

- What about all the other lakes? Who is watching them?

- What kind of people walk amongst us that feel they can rape the lakes and rivers in this way without any regard whatsoever for the future generations?

- Is this activity in way connected to the new open seasons and extended seasons?

My blood just boils at these thoughts!

you cant carry the weight of the world on your shoulders....youll get crushed

Good on ya Cliff...maybe create an aura of no tolerance and eyes are always watching