My Muskie obsession has taken a new path...

gone_fishin

So i finally got around to ordering some lure making materials to tie my own in-line muskie spinners...

i missed a couple components in my original order, so i'm gonna have to wait to tie up a few colours that i'm really excited to make... those will be coming soon...

but anyways... on to my first three creations...

the classic black and red... i couldn't find any of these in stores last year... so inevitably i had to make one...

DC532.jpg

i had some success last year with black and orange, so i decided to invert that combo... although i wish i had added more black feathers throughout the body... and i was kinda disappointed with the orange marabou... it isn't very thick... hopefully that doesn't show too badly in the water...

DC533.jpg

and my latest creation... i know i've just started this hobby, but i think i've outdone myself already...

my original plan was just a plain black and white skunk pattern... then i thought of adding some red feathers... then when i reached the end of the white, i added some black feathers for the transition... then finished off all of the black and it looked like it was still missing something... so i added a bit of white to top it all off... sometimes i even shock myself with the stuff i come up with... though i'm sure it's been done before. lol.

i think this may be my new favourite muskie lure!!!

DC534.jpg

yellow/red will be made when i get the gold hardware in my next order. and the classic black/orange with orange blades will also be done when i get some paint for the blades. among others. lol.

44 days till MUSKIE OPENER!!!!!

Very very nice! I love how the long feathers are spaced out so nicely. To my surprise I heard pink/black is another good colour pattern. Orange/ black has been my old time favorite though. Tons of ideas for reference colour pattern/hook placement, etc on ebay.

Very nice indeed. I've been busy cranking out some musky lures aswell. I love how much faster it is to make a lure with maribou than with bucktail. A different look of course, but I like them.

Joey

thanks for the compliments everyone!

the blades are size 8 and there is a 5/8 oz egg weight buried at the bottom of the marabou. should be enough to get it down a couple feet at least. plus the beads and body piece are solid metal, so there is a fair bit of weight on these baits.

lookin good. If I was a musky I'd go for the bloody seagul pattern you have got there ;)

The 3rd one right?

I was calling it. "A snowballs chance in hell"

Bunny for breakfast also works

Edited by Dara