NF... first time playing paintball this weekend, what do I have to know??

Burtess

For a friends 40th birthday party we are playing indoor paintball this Saturday at Camerons Paintball in Stoney Creek.

I have never played before..... can someone educate me on what to expect or offer any tips so I don't come home too bruised up :stretcher: ?

Burt :)

where some baggy clothing or and hoddie. That will cushion the blow of the paintball. Also resist the urge to rush in commando style, you'll only get shot from a guy that's hiding and just waiting for you. Also don't just sit in one spot and do the exact same thing. Someone will take a bead on you and just time when you pop you head up and bam the shot goggs you right in the face...lol Have fun and invite me next time. I might just show up and play with you..

For a friends 40th birthday party we are playing indoor paintball this Saturday at Camerons Paintball in Stoney Creek.

I have never played before..... can someone educate me on what to expect or offer any tips so I don't come home too bruised up :stretcher: ?

Burt :)

Ditto what Tjsa said! Also, send a message to ALEX, he used to play semi-pro and might be able to give you a few tips. Good luck, have fun and stock up on the ice packs.

i play speed ball a bit, i dont think they really hurt that much but if you dont want to get bruised up i would suggest wearing a sweater. move fast and keep your body tucked in close is usually best way not to get hit

i've been paintballing for about 8 years, the one major piece of advice i can give is to KEEP YOUR MASK ON on the playing field. baggy clothing that you don't mind getting messed up is alway's good, and a good pair of cleats or hiking shoes with a good sole (it can get slippery on the turf without them, try to leave the steel toe workboots at home, they will just weigh you down) um, a garbage bag to bring home your dirty clothes will help keep your car clean, and don't forget to stretch before you actually play.

that's about all the advice i can give, the rest is up to you, and how willing you are regarding moving around the field to get angles on people, and what not.

WEAR A JOCK !!!!!!!!

when i played for the first time i wore one.

i was ridiculed for it and guess what?

the 2 idiots that ridiculed me the most got hit there.

while they were lying there in the fetal position i walked over and laughed at them,

and said "thats funny"

i was never invited back--LOL

but it was fun.

some places offer clothing you can rent for a couple bucks....

if they do RENT them.

and keep the mask on. :ninja:

Like others have said, A JOCK!!!

If you can get your hands on a set of coverall's wear them, it's not like you need camo at an indoor place.

Bring more $ then you think as you my find yourself trigger happy. Also, never use a paintball that has been on the floor. The sand will cause a huge problem with paintballs blowing up in the barrel.

After you get hit for the first time the rest just don't seem to hurt as much either.

I played tournament speedball for the past 7 years. and well I loved the sport B) .. but it can get really pricey.

as for tips..

*****-Always keep your mask on! No matter what! there are too many "what ifs" that can happen..trust me

-Dont be afraid to get shot.. it will only sting for a minute.. :stretcher:

-Communicate with your team mates.. tell them where the other opponents are!(communication is key) :blahblah1:

-when looking for opponents (snap shoot) aka keep as much of your body behind the bunker as possible,and only pop your head out to see or shoot..leaving a much smaller target for the opponents to shoot at! :ninja:

-if an opponent is running try and aim in front of them and make them run into your shots

-Dont be afraid to run and dive.. move to new bunkers..or try new things and see what works for you!

-Always be a good sport..Its just a game.. if you get shot, call yourself out and work on how to avoid it the next time!

-Have Fun !

Clothing:

-Wear something comfortable not too bulky.. you want to be able to move..

-when I play I wear a jersey and a shirt underneath..but I suggest you wear a long sleeve and sweater untill your used to it.. as for pants thick jeans or even a pair of coveralls work great.

-Shoes.. its important to wear good ankle support.. you will be running around and the ground can be really slippery! or if possible I highly recommend cleats (if your allowed or have any) which will give you great traction indoor or out.

as for the paint.. it should wash out. but it may take time.. I tend to hose my gear off then scrub then toss it in the washer.. and it should be good to go

and well the most important thing would be to go have fun with your friends. and remember to always think safety first.. no matter what sport or activity you may be doing!

-Have fun and hope its a happy birthday!

dont be afraid of anything, if you get hit you get hit! Its way more fun running up and shooting people than staying back and hiding all game (by all means do this for the first few games but try to get right into it) after the first few times you get shot you'll start to like it. It feels so good shooting someone lol.

I played tournament speedball for the past 7 years. and well I loved the sport B) .. but it can get really pricey.

as for tips..

*****-Always keep your mask on! No matter what! there are too many "what ifs" that can happen..trust me

-Dont be afraid to get shot.. it will only sting for a minute.. :stretcher:

-Communicate with your team mates.. tell them where the other opponents are!(communication is key) :blahblah1:

-when looking for opponents (snap shoot) aka keep as much of your body behind the bunker as possible,and only pop your head out to see or shoot..leaving a much smaller target for the opponents to shoot at! :ninja:

-if an opponent is running try and aim in front of them and make them run into your shots

-Dont be afraid to run and dive.. move to new bunkers..or try new things and see what works for you!

-Always be a good sport..Its just a game.. if you get shot, call yourself out and work on how to avoid it the next time!

-Have Fun !

Clothing:

-Wear something comfortable not too bulky.. you want to be able to move..

-when I play I wear a jersey and a shirt underneath..but I suggest you wear a long sleeve and sweater untill your used to it.. as for pants thick jeans or even a pair of coveralls work great.

-Shoes.. its important to wear good ankle support.. you will be running around and the ground can be really slippery! or if possible I highly recommend cleats (if your allowed or have any) which will give you great traction indoor or out.

as for the paint.. it should wash out. but it may take time.. I tend to hose my gear off then scrub then toss it in the washer.. and it should be good to go

and well the most important thing would be to go have fun with your friends. and remember to always think safety first.. no matter what sport or activity you may be doing!

-Have fun and hope its a happy birthday!

:good: :good:

Played for 5 years my self. Seen DM3/4/5/6's come and go and owned quite a few nice hot rods :D .

MASK ON when on the field. BARREL PLUG/BAG ON WHEN OFF THE FIELD!! The idiots peole see on youtube shooting each other and and getting eye injuries are equivalent to the white trash loser poachers of the fishing world, just giving the sport a bad name.

Have fun...it's one hell of a game B) .

Oh and spray and wipe your lense off between games. having nice clear vision makes the game much funner :lol: when I seen new people at the fields I used to referee I'd come over to them and clean their greasy paint splattered lenses off so they could see again, if you don't see any paper towel and blue lense cleaner ask the ref for some :good: .

Same goes if you notice your gun is shooting all over the place, chances are a ball broke in the barrel and it needs to be clean. If you notice this, ask a ref if he has a squeegie or barrel swap and ask him to clean it out for you. It makes the game pretty crappy if your paintballs are shooting in alllll different directions :) .

You'll be lookin like these guys in no time B)

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=3EylYS9HI3Q&feature=related

Edited by archie_james_c