So where was the MNR

Big Cliff

So, I was talking to a couple of people over at Long Beach today. Seems there were a bunch of fisher people over there last night fishing on private property which wasn't too big a deal until:

The people fishing were filling up blue coolers; nice to see that the fishing was good. Problem is that every once in a while a car would pull up, drop off some empty coolers, and haul the full ones away.

MNR was suppose to show up but apparently did not. The owner of the property was telling me he has had enough of having to pick up garbage, and toilet paper in the mornings after people have been fishing there so they are finally going to post it as private and just call the cops from now on.

Saddly, there goes another place that people use to be able to shore fish and I really don't blame him.

Edited by Big Cliff

Your right Cliff, that is a shame and not right. Why do people have to abuse the system. I just don't understand what is wrong with some people these days. I was disgusted this weekend aswell seeing how littered the shoreline was. I mean if you can carry in the stuff, it has got to be even lighter carrying it out as you drank or used the empty containers you left behind.

My mother taught me to never litter, so who raised these litterbugs?

Okay, end of rant.

Joey

As a little tip I learned years ago, even with No Trespassing/Fishing/Hunting signs up, if you have personal permission from the landowner, you can still legally use the land.... The signs are more a tool for the police to use to charge someone if they are called out. Just FYI...

I agree it`s digusting, shore fishing area`s usually look like landfills but shorefishermen don`t have the market cornered ever see a wind swept shoreline full of bait containers,beer cans,lure packages etc.alot of boat annglers are just as bad, kinda looks like a neighbourhood that is near a high school!!!

Being a river fisherman and sometimes fishing east I see this disgusting speactacle all the time...it really makes me mad,....i think the question is not 'who raised these people'...but moreso 'WHO DID NOT? ' Pigs like that ruin it for all the decent anglers. I for one cant even stomach leaving anything behind...our cities and towns get polluted enough...why spoil nature? Its our place to get away...I have seen some of my favorite spots get closed up over the past few years due to pigs...I hate to play this card...but many countries in the world treat everything as their garbage can...Canada is built on imigrants and our population grows exclusively because of immigration....I personally live in a neighbourhood that 'back home' they throw garbage in the streets..its kinda hard to keep up with as when wind blows it ends up at my place...couple this with how many immigrants fish...there it is. In a ddition to the 30 seconds and $30 it takes to get a fishing license...Ok...Im ranting..dont get me wrong..I have many Immigrant friends from many cultures...and on the flipside alot of Non-immigrants litter also...You pigs...You should be ashamed,..charged and flogged!!!!

Edited by StoneFly

Good luck getting a CO to show up anywhere Cliff. I called the tips line on friday too.......no results. There was a small tinny with 3 guys in it, one of them was fishing two lines, and I'm positive they had over thier limit of crappies. I told the one guy it was illegal to fish with two lines, and the new limit on crappies was 30 fish......he just looked at me like I was from outer space. If I didn't have the kids with me, I would have got myself in trouble for sure. I can't stand ignorance like that. I hope to see them again, because I'll make a point of getting nice and close :whistling:

S.

So, I was talking to a couple of people over at Long Beach today. Seems there were a bunch of fisher people over there last night fishing on private property which wasn't too big a deal until:

The people fishing were filling up blue coolers; nice to see that the fishing was good. Problem is that every once in a while a car would pull up, drop off some empty coolers, and haul the full ones away.

MNR was suppose to show up but apparently did not. The owner of the property was telling me he has had enough of having to pick up garbage, and toilet paper in the mornings after people have been fishing there so they are finally going to post it as private and just call the cops from now on.

Saddly, there goes another place that people use to be able to shore fish and I really don't blame him.

i just don't get how this happens, that train of thought that makes these idiots think that raping a lake and tossing garbage on private or public land is a good weekend out !! ignorant,, uneducated or simply just don't give a rats behind?? none of which are acceptable. the lack of fear of being prosecuted do to insufficient policing doesn't help. those private land owners must be pissed 'cause nothin' came of it!!!

why cant they pass a law, where if you see someone poaching,littering or what ever.

you take a picture of them and there plate number or the registration numbers on there boat and email it to the proper authorities and they all get fined and or jail time???????

sick isn't it.....all of it.

It gets worse every year, and theres nothing that any of us can really do about it. Southern Ontario is highly populated, and it'll just continue to grow and grow. There are ignorant asses in every race/religion/creed/whatever, but, the fact is that it will continue to happen. Some people open their mouths and do something about it, some dont, but either way, nothing positive happens in the end. Its always the same.

The pigs will always be out there as they've always been.

why cant they pass a law, where if you see someone poaching,littering or what ever.

you take a picture of them and there plate number or the registration numbers on there boat and email it to the proper authorities and they all get fined and or jail time???????

I was just gonna suggest that same thing. Remember those 2 idiots out West I think that got charged for shooting those ducks and posting the video on Youtube. If the authorities can't be everywhere, time for the public to get the evidence. I don't see why they can't be charged with the PROPER evidence.

I wonder how much a cooler full of crappies sells for...My bro-in-law and I stopped giving away the ones we caught at Sandercock's Camp when we found out they were selling them a few years ago...

I guess having someone pick-up the coolers and dropping off empty ones is a way of trying to get around the 30 crappie limit...

Damn the MNR for inconveniencing them like that... :clapping:

:sarcasm:

Edited by Beans

Cliff was that right next to the boat launch / dock or further in where the houses start?

Right at the boat launch on the dock. Contrary to what a lot of people think it is private property, not a public dock.

I saw my Local C.O washing his truck in the driveway enjoying his Easter Weekend, the Province can't afford paying these guys to work Holidays. They deserve a family weekend with there children at Easter Time, beleive or not C.O's actually have lives with wives and kids and familly time is important at Easter.

I'm the first one to defend anyone on here when they get raked over the coals on keepin a "Legal" limit"

Rotating coolers is just wrong----does'nt matter what colour your hide is.

Yes the MNR has limited resources---one would imagine that they start to prioritize-----I'm sure people wishin to target trout on the beds in areas out of season or sanctuaries may be higher profile than crappie hunters or litterers.

Wish to fix it all----you bet----But--your only going to spread one or two guys so far. (maybe they should pursue clone technology)

As a little tip I learned years ago, even with No Trespassing/Fishing/Hunting signs up, if you have personal permission from the landowner, you can still legally use the land.... The signs are more a tool for the police to use to charge someone if they are called out. Just FYI...

be careful with that one Jay. your still allowed on the property if the landowner gives you permission to be on it when there is a no tresspassing sign up! If the owner of the property puts up a no hunting or no fishing sign up then no one, including the owner is allowed to hunt or fish! Its a stupid law, but I know of a landowner that got charged for just that! If he puts up a no tresspassing sign and gives you the go ahead the its all good.

the opp can lay charges under the fish and game act, call them they will usually respond.

I was out Sunday playing around, seen ya Cliff but wasn't about to go where there was 9 other boats anchored off burned a tank exploring the rest of the lake

this burns me because I don't own a boat and can't fish the shore anyhwere around there anymore....I used to fish the marina on the other side and that's gone too......so now what?!!!!!!!....this sucks :/