Just one of those days

Big Cliff

To start it all off, nephew shows up with his Plymouth Voyager, it needs new spark plugs and an oil change. Ever tried changing the spark plugs on one of those things? Don't! Five of the plugs aren't too bad but that 6th one is a real bugger to get back in, you can't see what you are doing and it is down behind and underneath just about everything in the engine compartment. Well, after a few hours of trying, my nephew finally managed to get that last plug in.

Then came the oil filter, I don't think it had ever been changed, or if it was, it was put on dry and as tight as someone could. The whole filter can was starting to rip apart but I finally managed to get it to start to move. All awkward when you are working on your back without a hoist. Anyway that too finally got fixed. Went to drain the oil, someone had rounded the oil pan drain plug, another 20 minutes to get that out but success at last.

So, my 12 year old niece and I decide to jump on the ATV and go for a ride back in the bush. My helmit is sitting on the front rack and we are just going about 100 yards down the road so I didn't put it on. 50 yards from the house and a black SUV is coming down the road, I'm right on the sholder and doing all of about 5 km/h. You got it, lights come on, it's the OPP. I'm not wearing my helmit, riding two up, and on a public road. To top it all off, my wallet is sitting on my dresser in the house.

All I can say is thank you sir, I know you could have written me up but you let me off with a warning. I truly appreciate it.

Finally we get back into the bush, we were having a wonderful time, found lots of mud holes, the sun was shining, couldn't have been better until we hit this one mud hole, the bike lurched sideways and the next thing I know we are burried right up to the top of the shift leaver in this foul smelling muck. We are about 3 miles from home with no cell phone.

Well, after much digging and finally getting the winch out and hooked up to a tree, I managed to get us out. I have to admit we were both so covered in muck and having a blast, we didn't care, in fact Jorden walked back over to the hole, slipped, and fell right in. I shouldn't have laughed so hard because the next thing I knew , I looked up just in time to see this huge wad of muck coming right at my chest. That's when the mud fight started (not that it really mattered at that point, we were both filthy anyway). Man, I'm never going to grow up!

Anyway the van is fixed, I didn't get fined, the mud is all washed off, and today I think I just might get the marine railway hooked up and the boat in the water.

Sounds like a great day, Cliff. Your nephew's van is good to go and your 12 year old niece will be talking to her friends forever about uncle Cliff and what a sick dude he is....just like we are! You did good my friend.

Playing in the mud instead of crappie fishing :dunno:

It's sound like fun Cliff...but you gotta get your priorities straight man.

Sounds like you need an intervention.

Happy Easter to you and yours.

Lots of time to go crappie fishing my friend. Can't have a mud fight with my 12 year old niece like that but once in a lifetime :thumbsup_anim:

One pair of ruined Nikki shoes $100.00, two hours to clean and grease the bike $100.00 but seeing her laugh so hard and sharing that moment for the rest of our lives, Priceless!

Sounds like a good day Cliff!! You certainly couldn't ask for better weather!! I know all about the plugs on that voyager.......I changed mine ONCE too :) Never again though, not worth my time!!!

Hope ya lay into the slabs today, you know where to go.

S.

Al in all.......a great day!

Man Cliff, what is it about you and ATV's and not wearing a helmet? They seem to just seek you out! LOL Anyone else and they would never see a cop, but you, on the ice, on the way to the bush.... just lucky I guess. At least he was decent about it.

Can't have a mud fight with my 12 year old niece like that but once in a lifetime :thumbsup_anim:

You know i was just messin with you Cliff. The fish are just off the dock somewhere....everyday. But how many days are friends and family so close? Good on you for spending the time....the right way.

One question though? Who won the mud fight?

YAHOO~~~~~~~``

I finally get to tell big cliff something.

in answer to your question, YES i have changed the plugs in one of those darn things.

i had a 1992 Plymouth grand voyager 3.3 L.

here's the secret:

remove the alternator and the alternator "BRACKET".

that's what was in your way.

they are both easy to remove, and make the job way easier...

trust me i found out the hard way too~~~LOL

then i bought the Chilton's manual for it.

although i no longer have that van because of a red light runner

i still have the manual for it.

LOL, thanks Skeeter, I guess I should have posted BEFORE I did the job, it can be done without a hoist and without removing the alternator and bracket but I won't be doing that again.

I have all the tools and equipment for small engine stuff but I am no automotive mechanic nor do I want to be LOL.