Rethinking

misfish

After spending 3 hours of spik and spanning,getting rid of the winter salt and sand grime,Im thinking it may be better to just get some body work and paint work done to the ole girl.

She still runs machanicly well for a 97 with 142,000 km, and she still cleans up nice and shiny. :clapping:

And going into debt for a new truck????

Rather go in debt for a newer fishing boat. :Gonefishing:

What ya think?Keep her?

20100402_04.jpg

20100402_05.jpg

20100402_06.jpg

20100402_08.jpg

20100402_13.jpg

The hornet and Ladybug like thier reflections.LOL

20100402_11.jpg

20100402_12.jpg

As for this one,I look alittle stought.LOL

20100402_03.jpg

peel off the F150 and you might have yourself a keeper.

signed a Nissan Titan Driver :angel:

Art

Art,those be fight,n words. :excl:

The new ones come from the US of A.Kansas plant.

Terry,Im looking for something, red and shiny, to pull be hind her. The only issue is,I may need 8 cylinders to do it.Hint hint.

Thats why the delima.

Edited by BrianB

142,000 kms...Cripes bye...she's hardley broken in...

My '95 F150 just rolled over 400,000 kms so you gots lots left in her...

I do think a boat is in order...still waiting to get out with you to stick a tube in front of your Simcoe smallies...

Figure out the cost of a replacement + repairs + certification and registration maybe an insurance hike.

Throw a re-cert on your truck and a little body work.... just guessing

let's say 2000.00$ probably less.. and she's good to go for another pile o' miles.

Now since you have an affordable and reliable truck that's always in the right gear " I love the standard"...

Try this for 1 year... attempt to save the equivalent of a lease or right out financed purchase of a new truck.

Do the math and buy a boat.!! :clapping:

I considered changing my Expedition this year and found out that I have a GREAT machine that works well and is reliable and is mine.

The money saved by not buying a new ride .. is gettin' my family and I a new to us travel trailer.

I'd say keep the F-150.

RFS

:canadian:

Exactly Randy.. and why I'm still driving my '03. Runs like a top at 120k.. minimal maintenance.. why buy another. Oil the small rust spots to delay that process and drive'r!

Brian.. clean her up and drive her unless you really have to have a new one. That quarter panel just adds some built tough character! LOL

Oh!Just noticed the spinner you have hanging from your mirror :thumbsup_anim: .

I had one of those hanging in the "hooks down" position... I learned the hard way, that YOUR way is the right way! :stretcher:

While exiting Tim Horton's .. My mirror mounted decoration S/B swung over and stung me in the palm while I was turning right... I ended up tearing the mirror clean off the windshield and snapping my navigation wires off.

My wife pulled the hook out while laughing uncontrollably :rofl2: .It cost me 125.00$ in repairs... My spinner now hangs upside down too.

RFS

Oh!Just noticed the spinner you have hanging from your mirror :thumbsup_anim: .

I had one of those hanging in the "hooks down" position... I learned the hard way, that YOUR way is the right way! :stretcher:

While exiting Tim Horton's .. My mirror mounted decoration S/B swung over and stung me in the palm while I was turning right... I ended up tearing the mirror clean off the windshield and snapping my navigation wires off.

My wife pulled the hook out while laughing uncontrollably :rofl2: .It cost me 125.00$ in repairs... My spinner now hangs upside down too.

RFS

Now thats funny.Bet you never in your wildest dreams you thought that would happen when you hung it up there.

Joe

Sell it, get rid of it......I'll help you out with your dilemma, 500 in cash sound OK? :rofl2:

Seriously, I repeat what the other smart ones on here have said. Keep it :good: and buy a new boat. That truck is just starting to get broken in. I have a /97 Ford with about 330,000 on it, one owner and that's me.

Not to be a downer, but my brother had a 97 4.2L, 6 cyl, and that engine didn't tow well, it sucked the gas and he needed a rebuild at 120 k, the vehicle was a complete lemon in other aspects as well, but if you had good luck stick with it

97? 142k? thats hardly broken in

my old man just got rid of his 99 safari van, with over 750k km on it

although...it was a chevy :) :) :)

i'd keep the truck and put the money into a boat as well!

ryan

I'd say keep it, that's what I'm doing. Got a 97 GMC safari, just turned 120k. I really don't know what to get, Safari with all the seats will move a lot of people, no seats a large volume of gear and with the rear wheel drive , frame and 4.3L it tows well for my 2200 lb. rig. Was real sorry when they dropped it, met my needs really well without a huge sticker price of a SUV.

Looking at it as a fiscal conservative that I am? Take the money you were making payments with and save it! That way you have a fund for down payments, either on a boat or new ride. Bought a Chevy 2500 cargo van last July, a 2009, used with 14K miles so save some cash over new. LOL a mobile motel, 10 feet of floor space behind the front seats.

Ford`s are for people that can`t spell Chevrolet!