Site upgrade status and support.

bigfish1965

I have sent your screen shot in for technical advice, since I can't get it to happen. In the mean time, you may want to upgrade to IE8 since it is the most current IE version and has many security fixes that patch IE7 vulnerabilities.

Getting a new PC in a week, well actually my wife's old one, duo core with 2 gig ram, got tired of waiting on this old celeron piece of crap and opened the wallet for a new one for her, I5-750. Might even try one of the other browsers when I get a hold of it, not really worth the effort at this time, every update lately has seemed to drag it down even slower.

Taking your suggestion under future consideration, thanks.

I'm not Rick. Not everyone needs/wants the latest & greatest, especially in a community such as this one - when what they have will suffice.

I still have a win2k machine at home and guess what? You cannot even install IE7 on that OS. I run it cause it's lightweight when compared to MS' later offerings.

Statcounter tells you what browser people are using to access the site. My guess is the number of people on IE6 is still significant.

Edited by Raf

I'm not Rick. Not everyone needs/wants the latest & greatest, especially in a community such as this one - when what they have will suffice.

I still have a win2k machine at home and guess what? You cannot even install IE7 on that OS. I run it cause it's lightweight when compared to MS' later offerings.

Statcounter tells you what browser people are using to access the site. My guess is the number of people on IE6 is still significant.

IE6 is obsolete...they don't make parts for the Ford Pinto either.

NO ONE supports IE6 anymore...even Microsoft doesn't, and they made it. The VAST majority do not use IE6 so making it work on that format would cripple most functions for the others which makes no sense. You can install a better browser. IE6 is dangerous and useless.

We will follow the international web standards as set out by W3C.

FishNSled...if you are a little computer savvy you can load a portable browser from Firefox or Opera. put it onto a flash drive, plug into your computer via USB port and it will surf the web off the flash drive.

Otherwise you can use the LowFi version of the board.

FishNSled...if you are a little computer savvy you can load a portable browser from Firefox or Opera. put it onto a flash drive, plug into your computer via USB port and it will surf the web off the flash drive.

Otherwise you can use the LowFi version of the board.

The security level on the computers is just nuts, Fort Knox comes to mind. I'm pretty sure if I unplug anything the alarms will go off. How do I set the LowFi version up?

I'm still getting the same thing as Dave. If there is a picture, the first reply cuts it off every time. Any suggestions?

I also liked that number under our names, I can't remember what mine was though :wallbash::whistling:

S.

Edited by Sinker

The security level on the computers is just nuts, Fort Knox comes to mind. I'm pretty sure if I unplug anything the alarms will go off. How do I set the LowFi version up?

At the very bottom left of each page is a skin selector. Choose lo-fi.

I'm still getting the same thing as Dave. If there is a picture, the first reply cuts it off every time. Any suggestions?

I also liked that number under our names, I can't remember what mine was though :wallbash::whistling:

S.

Upgrade your browser and/or additional softwares like Java, etc.

Well, I have officially become a lurker! I won't sign in unless I am going to post... signing in a dozen times a day is starting to get silly... it seems that I am timing out in a very short amount of time and as my employer does require me to do some work, from time to time, I can't be refreshing every ten minutes (or what seems like only ten minutes)and having to sign in every time I want to see what's new, is very frustrating.

So, it may not appear that I am here, but in most cases, I am, just not logged in any more.

Is anyone else having this problem?

HH

When I used to work I had the same problem with the company servers ,which for security purposes limited idle web pages to a specific length of time and then shut down that connection.Also it wouldn't let us save login info for easy access.

vance

I see that the expired web page issue still persists. :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

I have noticed that it seems to only happen when I hit the little green arrow to see the last post and then hit my back button to return to the menu page. :dunno::dunno::dunno:

No issues like that here Dave. Mind you I'm using the IP. Board skin.

I'll switch and see what happens.