I'm one proud parent today (to all parents NF)

ketchenany

I've been blessed with four amazing children (girls). One of them took after me career-wise and went in to marketing; over the years she has done very well and I'm very proud of her (also with the other three on their achievements and future goals)

Today she sent me this e-mail, I was off my feet at the news, I have achieved personal goals and awards for my work in the field, but this is out and beyond, I wish all parents the same success. And yes, I have taken them camping, fishing, snowmobiling and ice fishing.

I had to share, thanks

Dear Sonia, Bell’s intimate involvement in the 2010 Winter Games in Vancouver gave us the chance to support some of Canada’s best athletes as they gave their all to compete and win Olympic gold. Within Bell, we’ve had the opportunity to support our fellow team members as they executed our strategy to compete and win in the marketplace – and seen a select few stand out as our very best thanks to their ability, focus and dedication. This select group includes you. Congratulations on winning Bell’s own version of a gold medal – the Bravo Award for 2009. The Bravo Awards recognize individuals and teams who exceeded our expectations and truly inspired us with outstanding execution of one or more of our 5 Strategic Imperatives. Thanks to your leadership and contribution, our company is far better today than it was a year ago. We have made great strides as a customer-focused, cost-efficient and competitive organization, and are moving forward confidently toward achieving our goal: To be recognized by customers as Canada’s leading communications company. Along with the recognition and monetary award that comes with Bravo, you have also earned the gratitude of Bell’s senior leadership team. You have raised the standard for everyone here at Bell, serving as a role model for the kind of high-performance culture we are building in order to execute our strategy and achieve our goal. I am pleased to invite you and a guest to the gala awards ceremony in Toronto on Thursday, April 1, where you will be presented with your Bravo Award. I look forward to thanking you for efforts and your success in person. Congratulations and thank you for making such a significant contribution

Now if they would just put her in charge of customer support!!! :D

Congrats fella! :thumbsup_anim:

As for sharing a story.. in this economically depressed environment, as our youngest graduates from her Architectural Engineering program a month or so from now.. she has 4 firms already jockeying over her placement to help bring them into the next century of green architecture. Amazing what a good, well thought out, portfolio and a few design awards can do for your prospects...

Dosen't it concern you that the award will be handed out on April fools day???? :lol::lol: Congrads all the same.

Now for my daughter, she is holding down two full time jobs, owned a house at the tender age of 18, is currently a landlord, and will be getting married this Oct and has asked me to make her wedding bouquet. I have trouble going through doorways sometimes, my head is so swelled with pride. Her next youngest sister is also workinf a full time job and going to school full time studying in the medical field, and is in the top 10% of her class. On top of all that she is as beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside. (And that is not a Dad talking, she is stunning)

Edited by HTHM

Ketchenany - Congrats to you as a proud father and to your daughter for her hard work paying off!

I love hearing stories like this and look forward to a lifetime of creating my own with my little ones....

For instance - my boy Luke has just started standing up! haha with some help from his big sister.

14998_359584096579_502461579_422850.jpg

Maribeth and I will be heading down to Markham shortly to see our model/movie star grandson, Daniel who will be signing autographs at the Markville Mall this afternoon...He and his mother flew up from Los Angeles for the promotion of the new movie "Coach"...

Besides modelling when they lived in Canada, he also was a pretty good hockey player in the junior ranks and I believe this movie is about a hockey coach...

He has been in several TV series notably...Wizards of Waverly where he played the lead femal star's boyfriend "Dean"...It has been a couple of years since we last saw him...

Dantheman_010.JPG

Were we glad to see him...you betcha...

Dan_at_Markville_Mall_004.jpg

Edited by Beans

Maribeth and I will be heading down to Markham shortly to see our model/movie star grandson, Daniel who will be signing autographs at the Markville Mall this afternoon...He and his mother flew up from Los Angeles for the promotion of the new movie "Coach"...

Besides modelling when they lived in Canada, he also was a pretty good hockey player in the junior ranks and I believe this movie is about a hockey coach...

He has been in several TV series notably...Wizards of Waverly where he played the lead femal star's boyfriend "Dean"...It has been a couple of years since we last saw him...

Dantheman_010.JPG

That is cool. He has a bit of a Johnny Depp look going on.

I hope the acting works out for him.