LINGTASTIC DAY ON SIMCOE!!!!

John Kimble

Hi y'all!

Ice Fishing Lake Simcoe in March is AWESOME!!! Yesterday's trip by Sparky yielded 7 Ling Cod and 6 Whities, while today yielded 12 more Ling Cod and 4 whities. Yes, that's a mind boggling NINETEEN LING COD caught! Even had our first ever Triple Header Ling Cod today. It was SIMPLY AMAZING! Not bad for a few hours of fishing eh? I've never seen so many Ling Cod being caught on Simcoe before. WOW!!!! We are strong supporters of Catch and Release Fishing so 9 of the 19 Ling Cod were releaesd to swim another day. This was a trip I will never forget.

Travel today was great for sleds or atv. Main Lake- 60+FOW. Secret Spot.

Be safe and Cheers!

Ryan (aka John Kimble, Marine Biologist and Hard Water Bad Boyz Club Member)

P.S. - We were checked by the OPP/Conservation officer for the 6th time this season on Simcoe (YES SIX TIMES!). Glad to see they are out there patrolling our waters. Plus if you haven't seen it already, here's the youtube video on "How to clean a perch in 10 seconds"

Enjoy!

Two Whities

IMGP0821.JPG

Hello!

IMGP0830.JPG

Buddy Jon with a nice Ling

IMGP0828.JPG

J.Kimble with one - YEEEE HAW!!!!!

IMGP0836.JPG

Another pic

P1000404.jpeg

Some Keepers

IMGP0835.JPG

Edited by John Kimble

Great reporting and pics :clapping:. Amazing colour pattern on those fish. Never knew Ling Cod was so near Barrie. Thought you were catching them somewhere way up north at first. :lol:

Looks like a prehistoric walleye. Does it even taste like a walleye or something totally different? :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

I agree with fishdawg, most I have seen caught in one day was 2. That's a nice catch of fish.

Haven't caught a ling for a while now, and it wasn't that size. They taste great. Very light flakey flesh.

And rather easy to clean, just peel the skin off with a pair of pliers, and remove the meat from the cartilage.

best tasting best fighting,pretty much the best fish u can get through the ice, i have been in the same situation when the burbots willl just keep pummeling your bait one after another and it is awesome. keep your eyes open for a fifteen pounder as that is goona be the easiest record to break, best report ever man, seriously

Man oh man! That's one heck of a haul of burbot.

the very best day I've ever had with them is TWO and they were smaller than yours. And yes, best freshwater fish there is for the table. I don't understand people not liking them because of how they look but don't bat an eye eating oversized crustaceans that look like cockroaches from hell.

Thanks for the report and super pics.

AMAZING FISHING!!!

awesome...epic....banner day...running out of cliches.......lol.

Those are some big ling......time to mix up a huge vat of beer batter....peel some potatoes and open a chip truck for the best Fish 'n' Chips to be found outside of England (of course)

Great report and pics.....

Simcoe never fails to impress me.