Soooo, How did Y'all spend your Family Day Holiday? NF?

Rattletrap2

Well, a day out ice fishing would have been nice, but as luck would have it, all three of our girls were home for the week-end!

Our middle Daughter Amanda turned 23 this past week and this was our chance to celebrate her Birthday!

The Son - in- laws were here, so we decided to clear off a section of the pond and made an area to skate. we cleared an area about 35' x 80' and found some decent ice.

I drilled some test holes with the auger and found anywhere from 8 to 10 inches of solid ice relatively smooth ice under all that snow.

We skated for a couple of hours Sunday night under the lights and I went searching around the shed and scrounged up some old hockey sticks this morning. we cleared last night's snowfall off the ice and had us some fun!

Having the girls all home was a lot of fun and we really enjoyed the day off work! Hope you all had a great day as well.

med_gallery_333_603_91113.jpg

med_gallery_333_603_50741.jpg

Even ol' Bubba got out for some fresh air!

med_gallery_333_603_20340.jpg

Sarah and Amanda taking a time out!

med_gallery_333_603_56738.jpg

The youngest (Jessica) was busy taking the pictures today!

Just got done another 14 hour day at work well 13 3/4 gotta love the family day that does not work for everyone Oh well maybe next year. I was happy to see that the traffic was very light in T.O. I did not touch my cruise control until I got to my exit for the 400 (this was at 8:30 am today) and the same for the return trip kicked it off for the 401 ramp around 11am.Heck the traffic was worse trying to cross the bridge in Windsor at 5pm from all the people heading home for a family day in the USA and also saw alot on the 400 all packed with there skies and snow boards.

Cheers to all who got to spend the day with the family time for bed to start all over again but tomorrow I will not chance driving through T.O. I will use the back roads.

My wife and 2 daughters and I spent the day at Horseshoe skiing with my sister-in-law and her 2 kids. What a great day and talk about busy. It's nice to see winter outdoor places doing well on the 3rd annual family day weekend.

Both of my daughters instruct at Snow Valley every weekend, so it was nice to go somewhere else for a change.

Fell out of bed at 6:30am so I could work from 8am till 8pm. Loads of fun. I get to do the same every day right through to Saturday.

You're a good man Doug.

We spent the morning with the wee ones sledding then I left at 1pm for my 16 hour shift.

Edited by solopaddler

My GF had to work, so my buddy and I spent the day perching on Chemong. Seems alot of other people had the same idea, there were tons of people fishing and otherwise playing on the ice.

We had a good day, lots of good-sized perch, a couple of monster perch and a few OOS bass. We had an even better day on Saturday with a crappie thrown in to the mix. Both days we had a massive muskie (must have been 45"+) swim past our holes a few times.

Spent the day in Muskoka with the wife and baby girl...my son was at his mom's this weekend. Mostly sat by the fire, but managed to put our little girl in the carrier and walk out on to Rosseau a few hundred yards in front of the Windermere House. Good crowd of people out there...and we got our lines wet for maybe half and hour before the breeze had picked up enough to make us think we better head in. I was surprised that it went as well as it did, and ultimately was glad I spent the whole day with them instead of dividing it up to go fishing by myself :)

I got up bright and early and watched some olympic coverage before heading off to work at 8:15 AM.

We don't have family day in the NWT. We do however have aboriginal day on June 21st. I think I would rather have the longest day of the year off, don't you? We also get a half day off in March for the Caribou Winter Carnival. :D

When cooking for company, and i experience this type of individual............i make sure i buy them hamburger for their next visit. Its sacrilege. Not to mention always screws up the timing of the other steaks

No problem with timing. Start her steak 15 minutes earlier. Once it is black outside/grey inside, put the rest of the steaks on for 1 minute a side for regular steaks, 2 minutes for the 2x6 slabs we had last night.