Caught another Pike today

MCTFisher9120

I am kinda on the fence with this one as I do not believe people should be openly sharing there fishing spots on an open forum like this. At the same time I do not think saying what lake your on is a big deal, unless it is a small little gem people do not know about then the infamous lake x would appear.

However I have to admit I snickered to myself when I saw these whited out photos.

A solution. What Irishfield said. Makes it look better.

I have one too. Get your buddy to stand and you kneel (insert joke here), he takes picture downwards on an angle and all that is in your background is ice, makes for a good picture as well. It also doesn't look ridiculous to share on the web.

Cheers

I fixed the picture. Honestly I am not a artist and it will take a few mins for Photobucket to update the photo but I cropped the hell out of it just for the people on here that like to bi t ch and complain all day long. I hope nobody else needs to take time out of their day after a long day of fishing, share how they did and upload pic's type out a quick report and have it complained about and crapped on.

Just wanted to saw thank you to the 9 or so reply's that auctually were appreciative towards my catch. Thanks for the positive response guys.

Good for you protecting your fishery. Last thing you need is people showing up on your ground, littering, taking your hot spots, etc.

Sounds like someone had a bad day, what to do?

I caught a bunch of pike previous season just minutes from my house in Toronto. What sense is there telling everyone my spot so that when I go fishing, its plugged up with other people?

I am sorry, I offer a lot of help but I wont give out spots to the general public.

HEYYYY come on now guys!!

I showed him this spot and """"" I """"" asked him not to post the location on the web.

He's being a good guy and not going against my wishes :rolleyes:

I didn't want every one to know about this spot because there would be 200 people there every day no doubt, even though were just fishing for snot rockets.. LOL!

Give him a break, the only reason you guys don't care is because you have the opportunity to fish different areas all the time!

Wow, all this over a few edited photos.

Here's a tip Mike, before having your buddy snap the picture consider kneeling down on the ice (perhaps next to your auger hole) and have him take the picture from a standing position.

Voila, no need to edit out the background. :)

Moving on..... :whistling:

1) It's a report, be thankful people share them

2) Even though blurring backgrounds is kinda funny/stupid.....not to mention it ruins the picture....who cares?

3) Why do A LOT of posts on this site turn into online flaming matches?!

Just be happy for the kid.

Man oh man!

Good job Mike...keep up the good work.

AMEN again...........great catches Mike, like Johnnyb said you are gonna have to change your name to 'Mike the icefisher'...lol

Keep the reports coming, they're great....and your enthusiasm is refreshing!

I tell you what ticks me off the MOST about your pics, MTBF/MTIF...all I see is a box with a red x in it! :rolleyes: Do sumthin' about that willya?!?!? Trying to put myself in your shoes...after page 2, I would've planned to take the knee for future photos. But after pages 3 and 4, I'm pretty sure I'd be buying new software to make the backgrounds of my pics super psychadelic heliotropic kaleidoscopic wonderlands. Whew. I got a bit carried away there...kinda like slap-chop Vince rhyming words with bikini. I'm good now.

Keep up the good work Mikey!!!

Poor guy, all he was trying to do was show a pic of a fish. Dude protect your spots. I give away spots when I know many other people already know about them. If others already know then who cares. Sometimes I Give away spots so steer people away from where I actually fish. I guide on Lake of the Woods and let me tell you, the competetion for good spots between guides at the lodge is nuts... and then you have to deal with guides from competing lodges. And then there are the real sly buggers who hire you to guide for a day and then you find them on your spot next week or next month. We call those pork and beaners. People up there learn to follow guide boats. Some will even push up on a tiny hump you are trying to fish. By tiny, I mean its smaller than the boat. I learned to take photos facing the wrong direction or down on an angle like other guys suggested. Just be creative. Truck or portable ice hut make a good backdrop. There's nothing worse than someone you know camping out on a spot only because they know they have seen you there. My fishing partner and I lost a couple of spots that held 50"+ muskie that way lasy year. I learned a harsh lesson there. Those spots took me weeks and months of research and time on the water to pinpoint. Losing a good spot for me means losing out on a big tip from a wealthy client... The water is everyones to fish. Your knowledge of where exactly to fish is exactly that.. YOURS. besides just giving away spots doesn't teach people how to fish or why the fish are there anyway.

ya but 7 lbs ? thats the biggest joke of this thread. Does your scale start at 4 lbs ?

In all honestly at 29" long we thought it was a joke too but when it layed on the ice it was soo fat man. Rapala Digital I'll been using for 2 years now with not 1 problem...7lb 20z on the scale, my 2 friends and I saw the weight on the scale.

Let's not forget I'm a big dude if it convinces you it was a heavy fish.

Your last couple of post are quite entertaining!

I hate to tell you young fella but most people here are not hanging on your everyword and waiting for you and Mike to throw us a bone!!!

:thumbsup_anim::clapping: Mayby the OFC should give him his own little forum here "ASK MTBF " so all us uninformed dont want to do our own legwork fisherman <_< can lurk and wait for him to post a report and then rush out and fish it out ,Give me a break it has nothing to do with blured pics IMO its more the attitude that gets me :blahblah1::blahblah1: Sorry dont mean to get on you but just a few short months ago when you go from posting pics of yournew stickers for your tackle box and asking questions like" should I buy the perch or the firetiger rapala" to giving attitude about your vast knowledge of the sport and the lakes in Southern Ontario to guys that have been fishing longer than you have been alive.

:thumbsup_anim::clapping: Mayby the OFC should give him his own little forum here "ASK MTBF " so all us uninformed dont want to do our own legwork fisherman <_< can lurk and wait for him to post a report and then rush out and fish it out ,Give me a break it has nothing to do with blured pics IMO its more the attitude that gets me :blahblah1::blahblah1: Sorry dont mean to get on you but just a few short months ago when you go from posting pics of yournew stickers for your tackle box and asking questions like" should I buy the perch or the firetiger rapala" to giving attitude about your vast knowledge of the sport and the lakes in Southern Ontario to guys that have been fishing longer than you have been alive.

BINGO!!!