Free Sight Seeing trip.. Temagami area

irishfield

Finally got Lloyd's SD card, from our escapades back in September, 2009

Be sure to click full screen to get the full effect !!!

Here's our take off from my camp...heading for Eagle Lake for big pike with the canoe on the side of the airplane. Wave at Leah on the way by !!

The start up after pulling anchor on Eagle lake.. no fish there.

Taxing on Eagle to give you a view of the peace and tranquility...other than that engine running.

Curving take off from Eagle lake.. heading for a better fishing ground.

Nice shot of Diamond Lake from the air.

Landing on Fry Lake

A nice scenic trip from Kokoko Lake to the townsite of Temagami, and my dock.

Edited by irishfield

Thank you Wayne, I too really enjoyed that. :thumbsup_anim:

Admittedly though I was surprised to see a stick instead of a yoke (is that correct terminology?).

I was also surprised to find that during the last clip that I was constantly tilting my head to keep the horizon level, just like I was there....LOL

Oh and I saw the shoals. ;)

Yah.. he's got 3 times the horsepower too Malcolm ! When he's weighted down with the same pound/HP ratio we're identical for take off.. as we both have the same airfoil design on our wings!

Spiel.. you are correct.. Stick.. not Yoke. Stick is simple to build control wise.. yoke is more complex.. extra weight and I hate flying with my arms out like driving a car. Last clip Lloyd just set the camera in the corner of the windshield adn why it's crooked. Before Spring I hope to pick up some tiny cameras that I can mount on the wing, tail and float to record some nice stuff for next season.

Terry... why I carry barf bags in the airplane !! :o Prop Stop???... you know how shutter speed works and light frequencies. You can actually verify that your tach is correct by going out at night and running the airplane up in front of a light standard.. or portable work light. Any division of 60.. the prop will look like it's perfectly still.. so 1200 rpm... 1800 rpm... 2400 rpm will all look like the prop has stopped. When I come in to land I usually pull back to about 1500 rpm.. so I guess Lloyds shutter speed is some division of that..

Roy... I'm just surprised that Lloyd could let go of the "oh crap" handles long enough to play with the camera... :D

Edited by irishfield

Not a lot of monitoring needed Jim. Yes the right side of the panel is oil pressure.. oil temp..amp gauge.. volt meter.. below it CHT, EGT, Left fuel, Right fuel. Tachometer on the right side of the main panel... below it is an ice detector for my carburator throat.

GPS is in the Radio you see in the panel.. It's a Bendix KLX135.. $4200 item when I bought it. Would prefer a moving map now.. but can't justify it.

awpp.jpg

Only thing Murphy makes in a tandem is the Renegade bi-planes. Nothing wrong with a 44" wide (that's 6" wider than a C185!) cabin. I like my wife beside me.. not behind me like an Afhgan lady.