Facts of Fishing - New Season Tonight!!

TJQ

Thank you all very much! Your feedback mean a lot to us. However if you liked last nights show wait tell next weeks show you will love it. It's one of the best shows we have ever done in my opinion and it's something you are not used to seeing me do or ever thought I would do lol.

As far as the local vs exotic shows it's always a hard balancing act. For as many people who say they don't like the travel shows we have a ton of people that love them. Also please remember for some of our viewers Fla is a local show. So what we do is about an 80-20 split of local vs exotic and as far as the exotic trips most of them are not super exotic you can drive to most.

Next weeks show is local.

Anyways please keep the feedback coming and thank you all for you support always!

P.S I'm getting a bunch of emails a from people who don't get WFN. Don't worry it will be on The Score this weekend Sat and Sun at 9am and Sun at 130pm. For those of you that don't get WFN or The Score you will be happy to know we are adding more and more stuff to our You Tube channel every day so please subscribe there and you will soon see everything we do.

Dave

and it's something you are not used to seeing me do or ever thought I would do lol.

Oh my... there's so many comments running through my head, lol, I can't decide which to post!! :jerry:

Great twist to show how real men fish saltwater. Anytime you can wrestle to shore a fish of a couple hundred pounds SIGN ME UP!!! Looks like I might be doing a side trip if the family heads to Florida in February. Two things that I liked about the show was

1. (as with some other shows) when a local guide/contact is very well represented. Travelling all that way and trying to figure out who's reliable and knows their stuff when spending a whack of my hard earned money

2. Anyone that noticed the bait on the last big fish? WAS IT A STING RAY? I've caught smaller rays than that fishing at St Petes and Clearwater. How did you hook that up Dave - very carefully??

I just can't imagine sending that down to the bottom . At first I thought it was a big slab of cut bait and then you see it flooping around.

Edited by Fang

Just watched the pvr.

It's great to see new shows and no more reruns.

Dave bring such excitement and always enjoyable watching. I'm not a fan of exotic fish, but I'd watch those goliaths any day. Looking forward to next year.

Dave, we need a ringtone of your laugh.

That was a great show!! "I know big girls" and "Dude, I think I hooked into shamu!" LOL.. how can you not get excited about catching fish like that... And Capt Dave... .. there's a man who can handle a boat. Even if it is front heavy!!!!! Just so everyone knows Capt Daves website is http://tarponcaptain.com/home.html He did a few shows for the winter but Daves was the first to air.. so if anyones looking to book: get him soon. I gotta say thats something I'd love to do.. hey its only a 24 hour drive!!

AND Dave went swimming with his groupies!!

Hey Gang,

Its Capt Ryan Rowan and yes he is awesome not just for Grouper but also Tarpon and Shark and all kinds of stuff that pulls hard lol! Contact him and he will put you on the best fish for the time you will be down there. Just one note that I learned when trying to set up this show is every guide in Fla will tell you they can get you Big Grouper but there really only a few that can all the time. Most of the others can just get you the little ones (100 lbs) lol.

That as you saw was not the case with Ryan Rowan if we could get on them in Huricane Ida what would it be like in good weather? Contact him you will love it http://tarponcaptain.com/home.html

TJ just so you know Ryan Rowan is the Capt, Mark Davis the guy I talk about off the top of the show is my buddy who hosts Big Water Adventures that hooked me up with Ryan.

Once again thank you all for the great feedback.

Dave

I know my review is late but I had to wait to see it on The Score...And it was amazing! Loved seeing Dave fight those massive fish. I've seen them before but the show was entertaining and made my 9am wake up fun and exciting! O and I like the newer intro also bud!

"Nobody knows the trouble I've seen" Love the singing too :P

Thanks Dave for being such a great TV show host and making my weekends that much more enjoyable. And Dave, you should "dress up" more often my friend. The fish near the end was exciting to see you handle. What trouble you went through getting it out of that cover and docking pillars. If I ever head to Florida I will 100% look into a trip like that!

Thanks Dave for giving us a chance to win some great gear!

Mike

Edited by Mike The Bass Fisher

Just caught the show. I still can't get over the boat control that he had :o . I want to book 2 trips with him, 1 to catch those massive Grouper and 1 to learn how to control my boat.

Another great show and I can't wait for next weeks :thumbsup_anim:

Hey, I've been lurking around here for months now, trying to learn a thing or two. So first of all thanks to the posters around here.

The show was fantastic, the size of those Groopers kinda blew my mind, and it is fantastic to be out of re-run season. Maybe I missed it, but you guys were pretty close to the shore, how deep was the water you were in?

Was watching it with the Mrs. and she's seconding all the calls for a ring tone of your laugh Dave ;)

It was pretty fun show!

The 600 pound weed-eater line was and eye-opener, as were the bass on steroids. They were in pretty close to shore!

Dave doing his impression of "From Here to Eternity" with the fish...... um, never mind. :D

Great start! Can't wait for the rest of the season.

9:00 am on the Score and 9:30 am on WFN, enjoy the premiere show of Dave Mercer's Facts of Fishing for the 2010 season then post your comments here and run an excellent chance at some great prizes. If you could just get your :asshat: out of bed, I'll have the coffee ready!

Wow! That was some fishing show. Dave Mercer sure knows how to come up with Season Premier. Who would have thought he would be fishing for Giant Goliath Grouper,in the wind, in rough water, in a forest of old pilings. And pulling them in, one after the other. It certainly looked like a Jurasic Park adventure. That show was a real ice breaker Dave……..can’t wait for the next adventure.

Regards,

Snowball

im not a big fan of saltwater shows... but, dave ur awesome! some saltwater fishing, like u did today, just looks too fun to pass up. that fish was INSANE! u have a great show, love the enthusiasm u show on every fish u catch, and the information u provide. u make the show fun to watch. my 6 year old thinks ur awesome! his favorite part is the backlash at the opening credits... lol and the following.. "SON OF A..." cant wait for next weeks show. ur a great man dave!