Site upgrade coming soon

bigfish1965

I am still weeding through all the new features and reading manuals before we go with the switchover. The new software is specifically geared to community type boards...we got lucky there :)

There will be a few minor policy changes that will go along with it. Nothing that will affect anyone..just ways to keep a handle on stuff.

We then have to try and get all the mods used to the new moderator control center and other features. There will be much to learn for us so please be patient.

There are many changes and we are streamlining the skins, speeding up the board load times, adding features and improving (greatly) the existing ones.

We will also then be tied into an anti-spam database which will block known spammers from trying to access the site.

Since there will be alot of configuring to do, the site will be offline for up to 48 hours during the switchover. This may be a good time to reaquaint yourself with your wife.

If you are not sure if you have a wife, check to see if food and clean clothes magically appear from time to time...that is one of the signs.

As soon as we are ready, we will announce the scheduled upgrade notice and then go for it.

That explains where those things come from , I was wondering how they just seamed to magically appear. probably goes along way to explaining all those bumps on the back of my head allso lol. keep up the good work guys , easy to forget the work that goes on to keep this great site up and running. A big thanks to all involved

Curiously, I just noticed this morning , I have only to hit the back arrow once to go back, ever since I joined here , which isn't that long I have always had to hit it twice to move back one page. Is the recent or perhaps I've just not been paying attention ? I beleive I wasn't the only one that had to double click back, there was some discussion about it. Nice Christmas details this morning, hope the change over goes smoothly for you Rick, that kinda stuff can be a bear sometimes.

The double click back problem is a small flaw in Internet Explorer that sees the Google Ads as a page within a page. I don't think the new skin is coded quite the same so it should be okay.

Upgrading to the newest Internet Explorer will also fix the issue (or use another browser...cause IE sux :) )

Since there will be alot of configuring to do, the site will be offline for up to 48 hours during the switchover. This may be a good time to reaquaint yourself with your wife.

If you are not sure if you have a wife, check to see if food and clean clothes magically appear from time to time...that is one of the signs.

That's kind of like how my wife thinks money magically appears in our bank account each week. ;)

you ARE going to let us know ahead of time right??????

I will probably need 2 cases of beer to pass the time.

Yes I will let you know. Trying to get the software company to commit to a specific date/time..but trying to get a geek on a schedule is like trying to nail jello to a tree.