Simply Fishing Television/Magazine

simplyfishing

I'm wondering how many people here have heard of Simply Fishing Television or SimplyFishingMagazine.com? The host, Bob Mehsikomer, shoots a lot of the TV show up there and the magazine has a lot of articles from Canada. One of Ontario's own, Justin Hoffman, is a writer for the magazine and he puts out some great stuff. Let me know what you think of the show and the magazine and if you have any suggestions, opinions, etc.

Thanks

I do watch the show regularily because I fish for muskies almost exclusively, but as others have said, it's becoming nothing more than an infomercial for the baits he's using and that gets pretty boring after awhile.

He's darned near as bad as Charlie Ray, but not quite.

I did catch Bob's seminar at the Musky Odyssee last April and enjoyed that.

Made the mistake of signing up on line a few years ago to get a free DVD from them. Neat Muskie DVD but it was a 30 minute commercial for the Jackpot lure. Still have it and watch it from time to time, has some great footage of lure follows and boat side hits

The problem was I could not get out of the endless loop of emails about surveys, sales, and so on and so on........

The number of emails was absolutely insane and no way to stop them. Even though I opted out I still get the odd one about signing back up - NO WAY!

I just re-read their original post and it is exactly the tone and solicitation for ideas/thoughts of those emails I used to get!!!

Edited by Fang

Started a thread here about a month ago after seeing some Mehsikomer videos on Youtube.

http://www.ofncommunity.com/forums/index.p...t=0&start=0

Did watch the show and enjoyed it about a decade ago. Everything he caught was huge whether it was pike, muskie or lake trout. Topwater musky fishing is the coolest and tough getting a hookset. :Gonefishing:

Certainly is a tough crowd around here. :stretcher:

Have heard the name but never seen the show.

I don't even know if it's available on Bell Sat or not.

I haven't watched WFN because in the past when they had their Free Vu's every time I turned it on there was nothing but Bass Shows!!! I hate shows on bass, there isn't a bass within a 1000 freakin' miles of me!!!!!! No muskies either!!

There are very few really good fishing shows on TV these days.

Bring back the Red Fisher Show!!!!! He could tell a good tale and while he mentioned his sponsers it was mostly about the fish and the trip. Ahhhhhh, those were the good old days!!!! :whistling:

I was going to post on here a month or two ago about how much I dislike this show...

It's one of the worst shows I've ever watched.

The one thing that really pissed me off was one episode in particular, where Bob was Musky fishing. He didn't try to remove one single hook from the musky he caught. He cut EVERY hook, leaving metal in the fish's mouth. Didn't even try to remove them first, just snip snip snip!!

What an idiot.. I think you should at least try to remove a hook before cutting it, and leaving metal in the mouth of the fish. IMO.. I’m not a big musky fisherman, so what do I know..

F-is-H, musky hooks are big with big barbs and can do lots more damage being pulled back out of the fish than they do when their being driven into the mouth and cutting them is a very common practice. Once the shaft has been cut, the pieces are often very easy to extract.

Safer for the fisherman & easier on the fish.

Are you sure he wasn't removing the pieces after he cut them as I'd be very surprised if he was leaving them all in the mouth ??

Just my thoughts anyways.

Edited by lew