MONSTER 7+lb Rice Lake Smallie!!!

Slayingm

Wow, a great great catch!

At first I thought you were the one to get 'er Jim, but it was one of your guests. Boy, he'll never forget that trip and has himself a trophy remember it by. Probably will never get tired of telling the story 'bout catching it.

Cheers!

Edited by Mike Pike

At first I thought you were the one to get 'er Jim, but it was one of your guests.

Wait, I'll put on my glasses...I'm still trying to figure out who Jim is. :) Sorry folks, as they say, I get paid by the hour and older by the minute.

Maybe I should qualify my comment. I don't argue that he has a legal right to keep the fish. I also wouldn't expect slayingm to usurp that right and make the guy put it back. Jealous? You bet. Any smallie fisherman worth his dropshot rig would be jealous of someone landing a fish like that.

The only reason that I think it's a shame, is that the possibilty of ever re-catching that fish is gone now. For me, knowing that a monster is down there waiting for me to do all the right things, far outweighs the benefit of having it mounted on the wall never to be caught again.

Maybe I should qualify my comment. I don't argue that he has a legal right to keep the fish. I also wouldn't expect slayingm to usurp that right and make the guy put it back. Jealous? You bet. Any smallie fisherman worth his dropshot rig would be jealous of someone landing a fish like that.

The only reason that I think it's a shame, is that the possibilty of ever re-catching that fish is gone now. For me, knowing that a monster is down there waiting for me to do all the right things, far outweighs the benefit of having it mounted on the wall never to be caught again.

I'm guessing you're not a hunter lol

Like someone mentioned earlier, he does this for a living and if he refused that the guest keep the fish, that guest would more than likely not come back for his services. Im sure slayingm would not of kept it if he caught it. Get off the guys back!

Hey Fish3Eyes,

You are exactly right!!....personlly I would never of kept the fish myself but rather opt for a replica.... although I encouraged David to do the same he really wanted to get a original skin mount and had to respect that as he was licenced and had every right todo so..... Greg.

The negative comments by some are really starting to piss me off.

The guy caught a great fish and he decided to keep it.

BIG DEAL!

I wonder how many of you negative people have ever kept a walleye or pike or something else for a meal?

How do you know that 16" walleye you kept for a meal wouldn't have been a 29 or 30" fish in a few (or many) years

Maybe you ate an eventual trophy fish

The guy caught a fish of a lifetime

He kept it.

Get over it

Sorry for the rant but I am getting tired of some people jumping all over a guy for keeping a fish, or holding it wrong, or whatever else someone thinks is

so bad that they feel the need to bash a guy when all he is doing is trying to share a great fishing experience

Edited by rickster

I think people can disagree with a guys choice to keep a fish without it being seen as bashing him. Some folks are passionate about catch and release; they are just as entitled to speak their opinion as anyone else. When you decide to excercise your right to keep a trophy fish you are inviting others to excercise their right to disagree with you. That's how it works. And that once in a lifetime fish thing becomes especially true if you decide to keep it, once in the anglers life who keeps and it and denies anyone else a future shot at that fish getting any bigger. But, sure, it's within his rights to do so. It's within my rights to fart in a crowded elevator too but...well...I've probably already said too much.

BIG DEAL!

I wonder how many of you negative people have ever kept a walleye or pike or something else for a meal?

How do you know that 16" walleye you kept for a meal wouldn't have been a 29 or 30" fish in a few (or many) years

He kept it.

Get over it

Sorry for the rant but I am getting tired of some people jumping all over a guy for keeping a fish, or holding it wrong, or whatever else someone thinks is

so bad that they feel the need to bash a guy when all he is doing is trying to share a great fishing experience

agree 100%

anyways a fish that size

wouldnt of survived the hard winter

its an old fish and they DO die of old age.

that fish was a gonner anyways.

im thinking that this fish was going out for ONE LAST MEAL.

and got SCORED by an angler.

CONGRATS! B)

A quick google search shows the Ontario record Smallmouth to be 9 plus pounds. Presumably it took it a few years to go from 7 plus to 9 plus. What makes you certain this fish would not make it through the winter?

Cause he didn't make it through the fall! Sorry....it just jumped out.

Can we please let this one go?

The exact reason so many folks no longer post fishing reports anymore.

Awesome brown fish from RICE!!! What the... are you sure you just didn't forget to take it out of the livewell from simcoe? ;)

Beauty Greg

Cause he didn't make it through the fall!

Keyboard please.. :D

Edited by Harrison

BIG DEAL!

He kept it.

Get over it

x 2...really takes the fun out of sharing in the community here sometimes..