Remembrance Day

Terry

In yesterdays Toronto Sun they asked the question Do you plan to mark Remembrance Day?70% answered yes,privately,22% yes at a service 3% said they were too busy!! And the kicker 6% said DON"T CARE!!! Who are these 6% and what the hell are they thinking!!Sad...

it's that time of year again to take a few minutes of your time to remember all the veterans and our young mean and women overseas right now offering their lives for our freedom

Thank you Terry.

I thank the young men and women who are overseas right now. They are offering the their lives for us. For this, I thank them and will always think about them. I will never forget.

I also think about the veterans - especially WW2.

If they were not across the pond fighting for our freedom, I might not be here right now typing this post. I was born there at that time.

Thank you. I will never forget.

carp-starter

Edited by carp-starter

Who are these 6% and what the hell are they thinking!!Sad...

Perhaps for most of them the two World Wars were just 2 little paragraphs in some odd history textbook, that they didn't read anyway.

One comes to wonder how is this much different than the fact that more and more often the Christmas is being replaced by the "Winter Holidays"?

Sad or not, it's a sure sign of our times...

Thanks Terry....

Means a lot in our family and while clearing stuff from Mom's farm house yesterday, with my Brother (Gulf War Vet), we found our Father's platoon picture and his service medal from WWII. Neither of which I'd ever seen...

Edited by irishfield

Some moving songs, Tomorrow I will be speaking to the school kids and parents during the villages ceremony as Weds is a stat Holiday in this great province. I think it should be all across Canada at least till noon. Personally, I cant see myself shopping at 11 o'clockish on Remembrance Day