Well today is the day

HTHM

Pretty well everyone must have theirs by now.

You would think that with all the posts about this that it would be true, but I doubt it. Probably only over half of us have the card. I have had it since the first 6 months that it was imposed on us. Being that the cutoff date was mid September 2009, when a lot of us put their boats into sleep mode, I suspect they figure they will now do the test in the upcoming months before spring, if they remember.

I know a couple of guys at work who have not not done it yet. I will remind them of the requirement.

Mines wore out. You can't even read it.I hope they have a Central data base. I've been waiting for a renewal.

There is no central database. If the shysters you took the test with went under, you're out of luck if you need a new card. Folks who took theirs with any of the Canadian Power and Sail Squadrons are in a bit of a better position.

WOW! I can't believe how safe our waters will be now!

I'm offishilly a captain

Ya'll can call me Commodore Bushart

Funny thing is though I now have a thirst for Rum and an eye for wenches

AAARGH!!!

:lol:

Mine was stolen with my wallet a couple years ago. I've been trying to get it replaced but with no central database I'm outta luck. What a joke.

I was reading a report yesterday and out of the 8 million boaters that require license, only 2 million had it.

Goes to show the amount of faith we have in our government and their safety laws.

We will protect you from yourself...please pay here.

I'm offishilly a captain

Ya'll can call me Commodore Bushart

Funny thing is though I now have a thirst for Rum and an eye for wenches

AAARGH!!!

now that's funny!

I got mine well over a year ago and thinking I better make a photocopy of it just in case....

I was reading a report yesterday and out of the 8 million boaters that require license, only 2 million had it.

I was going to say the same thing but the report I saw from a the power and sail squadron member was 1.5 million out of 8-10 million boaters had got it by sept 1/09 I won't be getting mine for a couple more weeks as I'm back to work monday after being off for 7 months and won't be using it till I start targeting fall pike and ski's in mid october they will prolly scrap the hole thing in a few years anyways .

Talked to the OPP on Doe Lake. They said less than half had their card when asked. $300 fine for not having it now

Why would they be asking for something you don't need to have.

Today is the day they can start asking for it.

I was going to say the same thing but the report I saw from a the power and sail squadron member was 1.5 million out of 8-10 million boaters had got it by sept 1/09 I won't be getting mine for a couple more weeks as I'm back to work monday after being off for 7 months and won't be using it till I start targeting fall pike and ski's in mid october they will prolly scrap the hole thing in a few years anyways .

I heard that a $150.00 course was mandatory after the due date.