Well today is the day

HTHM

Heres a wee tip to print a larger version of the temporary card.

When logged in, go to print temp card. Put your cursor over the actual picture of the card and the right click. Select print picture. This should give you the Fred Flinstone sized version.

Heres a wee tip to print a larger version of the temporary card.

When logged in, go to print temp card. Put your cursor over the actual picture of the card and the right click. Select print picture. This should give you the Fred Flinstone sized version.

I kind of like the mini version. I want to show it to a cop.

I don't have one. I'm really not even sure how to go about getting one. And I have no intention of doing so anytime soon.

My camp is way in the bush. I forgot to buy a fishing licence one year and would have made it through the season but I remembered on my own and bought one in September. No governmnent official has ever made his way out to my neck of the woods and the only laws that apply are self-imposed.

We don't need your stinkin' boat badges where I wet my lines!

Got mine the week of Aug. 21st. JUst recieved it in the mail yesterday. Its just a cash grab really.

They were just developed to slow down the crazies on the PWC's in southern On.

We all gotta pay the price for it.

I did learn that the side of the boat that the mainsail is on is called the "windward" side. Like, how stupid can a test be?

I have written a few government exams and have found that the hardest ones are the ones that have the simplest subject matter.

They feel a need to try and trick you with stupidity if the subject isn't difficult. Its like, a certain number of people have to fail or they haven't done their job.

They were just developed to slow down the crazies on the PWC's in southern On.

We all gotta pay the price for it.

I did learn that the side of the boat that the mainsail is on is called the "windward" side. Like, how stupid can a test be?

I have written a few government exams and have found that the hardest ones are the ones that have the simplest subject matter.

They feel a need to try and trick you with stupidity if the subject isn't difficult. Its like, a certain number of people have to fail or they haven't done their job.

You nailed it, I think. These regs aren't so much for the responsible people among us, rather for the responsibility challenged. Of course it doesn't guarantee they'll all do any better, but it might keep a few away from boats or make them get smarter about how it all works. Either way it can't lower the bar at all. I kinda like the idea that the card may just stifle a few of the yahoos we've all seen on the water.

Imagine what our roads would be like if there were no driving regs or licensing in place. It's scary enuf with all the rules and the cops on the prowl for offenders. Imagine if every musclehead in a muscle car thought he could let it all out whenever and wherever he felt like it, or every droopypants ricerocketrider thought the highways and byways were his own personal bumper car derby.

JF

Here's a thought.....

10 million potential licencee's--------2 million obtained=8 million not gots

Say half or even 1/4 go ahead and fish without licence---still leaves bout 4 million dudes sittin at home on da couch cause they aint legal.

Whats it all mean-------Ya Baby way more fish and room on the water for this cowboy

Creeks and wading rivers may be a bit busier though

I ran into the Durham cops today (at Timmy's) with the boat and I asked what's going on with the card. They said they will fine anyone $305.00 who does not have the card, then he said the course is $50.00 now. I asked where they were going and he said, out on the water looking for bad guys... what a joker...