Lake Ontario Salmon Today

Joey

Headed down early to see if the salmon would cooperate. We got a few, but only after we found the baitfish :thumbsup_anim:

Saw a nice mass on the Lowrance and as soon as we went over it, whamo, fish on. Nice 34 incher.

3736665208_bd5f2b9208_b.jpg

3735864389_4b99a7671c_b.jpg

Forgot to mark the spot on the GPS so we trolled around the general area until we found them again, then marked it. Sure enough, not long after, I had a real fight on my hands. This one came in at 37 inches. I didn't weigh it just in case it was a good entry in the Salmon Derby, which, of course, I neglected to get an entry for again this year :wallbash:

Man was it heavy tho.

3736659700_b8543397fe_b.jpg

We tooled around the general area again going over the baitfish a few more times, but the bite seemed to have turned off. We decided to head back in after a few hours and Paul pulled up the first cannon ball set up, then the second, then the Dipsy, and just as he went to grab the last line, the Spin Doctor, the rod goes off :clapping: Reeled in this nice one to finish off the day. Another 34 incher. The blood is a combination of the fish's and Paul's :o Got the hook in the finger, ouch. :stretcher:

3736661906_51ba857c7d_b.jpg

Took a few shots with the new camera just to test it out of the ducks waiting for the launch to clear.

3736671780_4b271d9bfc_b.jpg

3736673316_74f4abf86a_b.jpg

Decided to stop at JB's to see what was new and when we arrived, he had taken off for a Timmie's (for him and the neighbour store lady who advised us he'd be back in 5 minutes). So I played with the camera again, trying to get a pic of a plane coming in for a landing overhead.

3736675264_aa306fd5b6_b.jpg

3736678248_f876119724_b.jpg

Our major purchase there was the new folding Musky net. Nice and easy to stow :thumbsup_anim:

3735889947_26299d6193_b.jpg

Cheers,

Joey

Good fish ...good wildlife...good times...

the last salmon in the pics is very stout....but i think the second one is the winner for the day ...im guessing 19 pounds?

Coats and sweaters in July....who would have ever thought ..

Nice shootin

Great stuff Hun ! Glad to see you enjoying the new boat. And the net... funny how the progression goes. Same one I bought after that Frabil Cradle... lol

Yes, funny eh. The Frabil Cradle will be in the want ads shortly ;)

Edited by Joey

Ah nice report there Joey looks like you and Paul did very well in a short period of time.

Oh I really love the new boat what a sweet ride.

Hard to believe we have to dress this warm in July but it is what it is.

I will be down to Burlington on the 1,2,3rd for some more salmon fun.

:thumbsup_anim::clapping::Gonefishing:

Nice looking fish Joey what was the water temp out there?

Rob

Thanks for the replies everyone, it was a nice, albeit cold day out there :lol:

The water temp was 50 deg Rob, colder than the last time we went in June :rolleyes:

Took a few shots with the new camera just to test it out of the ducks waiting for the launch to clear.

Talk about launch etiquette; even the ducks wait their turn.

(sorry couldn’t resist)

Great report and pictures.

Dan.