Lakair Report!!

TJQ

Here we go!! WHAT A BLAST!

A couple of great days, got to see a few new faces and it was wonderful to see all the old-timers again.. This was our 8th year!!

Couple of things This year we had a big Fish contest, which Paul (Tybo) won with a 34 incher (i think!!) The prize for that was a great floater suit, donated by BiteMe, which Joey promptly modeled for us.

The winner of the tourney was Avery's buddy Ron who is Jill101 (Joyce's) nephew. He caught two nice pike and a mediums sized one while we trolled around with a daredevil!!

The fish fry was awesome as usual, everything turned out very well. I cant believe we ate every single piece of all that fish.

The weather Saturday couldn't have been any nicer, and the company couldn't have been any better. Thanks to all who came out, it was a great crew! Here's a taste of this year.. I'm sure that others will post some better pictures, but this will get us started.

img_0515.jpg

I am one handsome dude....

img_0526.jpg

I love trolling!!

img_0531.jpg

Ron was excited.. he cleaned up!

img_0533.jpg

img_0546.jpg

Averys Monster.. at least Ron didnt shut him out!

img_0551.jpg

For three hours we managed quite a few fish!

img_0555.jpg

With some good help we cleaned a pile of fish!!

img_0563.jpg

We had an awesome prize table again this year!!

img_0564.jpg

img_0565.jpg

img_0566.jpg

BiteMe was fighting off a flu all day and was pretty quiet. lol Bill won the free Lakair weekend prize as well!

img_0575.jpg

img_0577.jpg

At least it kept the bugs off!!

img_0589.jpg

Also a little birdie told me that Cliff and Bly (who are coming home tomorrow) had an amazing day on the water in the rain today.. I am quite anxious to see that report!

Well thats it for another year. Thanks again for all the help and to all that showed up. I think im gonna go find the couch now...

looks like everyone had a great time

I need to learn to drink so I can go to one of these

I like to compare drinking to the internet. It brings out the best in some, and in others the worst.

That's why some of us avoid these G2G's. As long as we don't meet the rest of the folks we can kid ourselves that we might be intellectually superior. One night around the campfire disabuses everyone of that notion in most cases, except, of course, yerself.

Actually, I really wish I coulda made it. I like meeting friendly folks with a common interest. The best part is that most of us can leave the pretentions at home and just be reg'lar folks, no disguise. Around home I have to pretend to be a responsible grownup when all I really wanna do is let it all hang out, and damn the torpedoes (i.e. the hangover).

My wife is the best cure for over-indulgence in alcohol. One stern look from her that no one else even notices, and my beer dries up on the spot, and my hand can no longer grip to twist those nasty little lids off. She's the reason I'm the man I am today - boring, straight-laced, pedestrian, whitebread, milk 'n cookies - bleeehhhhh!

I miss the good old days when a 12 pack was just to get the evening going. Now a 6-pack nearly puts me to sleep.

Wish I'd been there. :P

JF

I like to compare drinking to the internet. It brings out the best in some, and in others the worst.

That's why some of us avoid these G2G's. As long as we don't meet the rest of the folks we can kid ourselves that we might be intellectually superior. One night around the campfire disabuses everyone of that notion in most cases, except, of course, yerself.

Actually, I really wish I coulda made it. I like meeting friendly folks with a common interest. The best part is that most of us can leave the pretentions at home and just be reg'lar folks, no disguise. Around home I have to pretend to be a responsible grownup when all I really wanna do is let it all hang out, and damn the torpedoes (i.e. the hangover).

My wife is the best cure for over-indulgence in alcohol. One stern look from her that no one else even notices, and my beer dries up on the spot, and my hand can no longer grip to twist those nasty little lids off. She's the reason I'm the man I am today - boring, straight-laced, pedestrian, whitebread, milk 'n cookies - bleeehhhhh!

I miss the good old days when a 12 pack was just to get the evening going. Now a 6-pack nearly puts me to sleep.

Wish I'd been there. :P

JF

Dammit Man!!!... pull yerself up by the bootstraps and go out to the garage/shed and get poopie faced!!!

Damn... 8 years.......! :o

How did that happen........????

Its always great having the OFNers... here...

Makes for an interesting weekend...

Leslie and I always enjoy "your" company... a great group of guys and gals...!

Yeah, wait till you hear BLY and CCMT's report.. Cliff and Carol were still shaking when they left to go home.......! :o

the cap't.

Great shots TJ......thanks again for all that you and your family do to help put this weekend together :clapping:

Also a little birdie told me that Cliff and Bly (who are coming home tomorrow) had an amazing day on the water in the rain today.. I am quite anxious to see that report!

and they say news travels fast on the internet LOL

Damn... 8 years.......! :o

How did that happen........????

Its always great having the OFNers... here...

Makes for an interesting weekend...

Leslie and I always enjoy "your" company... a great group of guys and gals...!

Yeah, wait till you hear BLY and CCMT's report.. Cliff and Carol were still shaking when they left to go home.......! :o

the cap't.

Thanks again for helping make it such a wonderful weekend..look forward to our next trip to your Lodge :) Still working on the pictures we talked about, will send you a link when we get it done.

the cap't.

Ok, I want to know what Cliff said to Bly (or Bly said to Cliff) to get them both shaking? ;)

Glad to hear that all had a good time!

I wanted to thank TJ and Monique for inviting Ron to the G2G. He had a blast!!! He is just thrilled to have won the tourney. That would be the first "real" fishing he has done. I wish I could have made it out Sat but such is life. It was good to pop in and see friends Fri evening even if I couldn't stay long. On the way home I notice a rest area just done the road that looks like a nice spot to take Mom for the day.We don't get out fishing much these days......

Great report TJ, and another successful G2G it was. Thanks for putting all this together. It ran pretty smooth this year. I had a blast. I got some good pics of you and Monique and put them in my report.

Looking forward to seeing you some time later this year.

Joey