Northern Ontario Honey Hole Steel.......Pics

TDunn

This past weekend I packed up and moved back to Sault Ste. Marie from London. I have been waiting to go steelheading for weeks and finally got out yesterday afternoon with my cousin. We went 5 for 8 with the biggest being 28 inches. The first 4 fish were all females and were definitley all spawned out. The 5th fish was the smallest at 16 inches and was the only male. No pic of that one it was caught in a small river on the way home and the camera was in the car. Still snow patches in the bush and the water level was pretty good. Its feels great to be home......I love the north.....

untitled1.jpg

untitled2.jpg

untitled5.jpg

untitled6.jpg

untitled7.jpg

untitled3.jpg

untitled8.jpg

untitled10.jpg

untitled18.jpg

untitled19.jpg

untitled9.jpg

Hopefully get out again this week....But i have to get some writing done so instead I may hit up some Atlantics in the boat....Its only 10 mins away.....Oh, all fish were released.....

TDunn

now thats what i call a stream. georgeous waters.

either your bottom half was sweatin bullets or your top half was freezing......which was it. Neoprenes and a t-shirt dont mix lol.

Freezing cold water........super hot sun.....actually got a bit of a sunburn......lol

thats how we roll up here dude......lol

Its time for Atlantics?

I gotta learn them too.

Like I say,,,gotta learn that river, its too good not to fish there.

Seems wer'e starting to get a few from the Sault on here.

Edited by Dara

Good job man,

Water temp must be getting up there??

Let me know if you need someone to net those atlantics for you.

never did take the temp of the water but when i was handling the fish in the water my hands were ice cold....Ya i would think it would be rising but geeeez its still cold......PM me and we should get out this spring/summer for atlantics at some point....

TDunn