16,000 Americans expected to die from the Flu

holdfast

I've heard that germs of any kind don't like alcohol... I'm immunizing myself as I type this!!! B)

We have more people that are going to die because we're bigger and better than y'all!!! :)

CANADA!!!.. the country famous for being the country north of the United States!!!

Edited by GCD

I've heard that germs of any kind don't like alcohol... I'm immunizing myself as I type this!!! B)

We have more people that are going to die because we're bigger and better than y'all!!! :)

CANADA!!!.. the country famous for being the country north of the United States!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

Now all Americans have to do is figure out which way is North.

"They put things in perspective when that report was published in 2003...You're only 6 years late"

That's how far behind they are in the prairie provinces. It takes that long for news to get there. Watch out for SARS in Sask.

By the way, everyone in the U.S. and Canada are going to die.

"They put things in perspective when that report was published in 2003...You're only 6 years late"

That's how far behind they are in the prairie provinces. It takes that long for news to get there. Watch out for SARS in Sask.

that is a fact. Everyone will die

very simple way to prevent the flu, just follow WHO guidelines :D

Make sure you get your daily dose of fruits and veggies.Take your vitamins and get plenty of exercise because exercise helps build your immune system. Walk for at least hour a day, go for a swim, take the stairs instead of the elevator, etc. Wash your hands often. If you can't wash them, keep a bottle of antibacterial stuff around. Get lots of fresh air. Open windows whenever possible. Get plenty of rest. Try to eliminate as much stress from your life as you can. You can take the doctors office approach. Think about it, when you go for a shot, what do they do first? Clean your arm with alcohol. Why? Because alcohol kills germs.

So......

I walk to the liquor store (exercise), put lime in my Corona (fruit), celery in my Bloody Mary (veggies), drink on the bar patio (fresh air), get drunk, tell jokes, and laugh (eliminate stress) and then pass out (rest). The way I see it, if you keep your alcohol levels up flu virus can't get you

very simple way to prevent the flu, just follow WHO guidelines :D

Make sure you get your daily dose of fruits and veggies.Take your vitamins and get plenty of exercise because exercise helps build your immune system. Walk for at least hour a day, go for a swim, take the stairs instead of the elevator, etc. Wash your hands often. If you can't wash them, keep a bottle of antibacterial stuff around. Get lots of fresh air. Open windows whenever possible. Get plenty of rest. Try to eliminate as much stress from your life as you can. You can take the doctors office approach. Think about it, when you go for a shot, what do they do first? Clean your arm with alcohol. Why? Because alcohol kills germs.

So......

I walk to the liquor store (exercise), put lime in my Corona (fruit), celery in my Bloody Mary (veggies), drink on the bar patio (fresh air), get drunk, tell jokes, and laugh (eliminate stress) and then pass out (rest). The way I see it, if you keep your alcohol levels up flu virus can't get you

I like the way you think!!! :thumbsup_anim:

Its a Damn good thing that us guys in the West don't Panic. Hell, who's going to help the East Oops , the

Edit, Edit, Edit

Edited by holdfast

Wow , I re Re3ad my Topic and its Drunk talk

Speaking of drunk talk "Read" doesnt usually have a 3 in it LMAO.

Every 10 years or so a new flu strain makes the jump from critters to people. In a few years it'll just be another strain added to the list. Ther has be others which have jumped from pigs to people before. The spanish flu was from birds they think and if i remember correctly there was one that jumped from horses.

Only reason it is any concern is because it's different enough from the other that it catches the immune system off guard and infection occurs more rapidly and extensivly then most of the others. When the immune system does kick in it "over reacts" for what the body can handle. You end up with a lot of fluid in teh lungs and the damage to the lung tissue and fluid can result in death, or set you up for a secondary infection such an pneumonia which inturn can be fatal.

Most of us think "Well i am not eldery or a child and i'm in good health." When it comes to sever respiratory infections that is the recipe for for the most lung damage.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see how this thing plays out.

-Dave

Guest skeeter99
http://usgovinfo.about.com/library/weekly/aa011303a.htm

Just thought Id put things into perspective. They say 4,ooo is the Average in Canada.

that is not to bad actually

on any given year 200,000 are hospitalized with the flu and on average 36000 people die in the U.S.

cant find stats for canada but would be proportionate to U.S.

this swine flu is really getting stupid

no one in a first world country has died from it, the people in mexico who are dying are dirt poor and dont have access or can afford to go to the doctor and when they do it is to late

yes a 24 month old child died in texas i think but he was from mexico and died on U.S. soil

I was in subway the other day and a lady ordered a BLT and asked for no bacon she did not want to catch the swine flu, when I got up for my sub I asked for the ladies bacon since it was paid for

Point well taken

Thank you for your wise observation

Lets have a beer together, Bro AND SHOOT GOPHERS

I know it was published 2003 when I finally was able to dig this piece of Tidbit up amongst all the garbage that been hyped up putting fuel on a fire that all dooms day citizens and media are feeding us.. Hopefully my stocks go up now. LOL

Edited by holdfast

By the way, everyone in the U.S. and Canada are going to die, EVENTUALLY!!! :lol:

Don't remind me about SARS!!!!

I got to spend a week in quarantine during that deal. :angry:

We'll see how this plays out. I know no one not in mexico has died from it yet, but i also don't remember (in my lifetime) the world health organization freaking out like this. Also know that the worst pandemic (1918) didn't kill many people on its first wave either (was the second flu season when it went nuts)...it only killed 2% of infected at its peak, and it ended up killing 50-100mm people (i have heard both #'s...not sure the difference btwn how they're counted).

I'm not saying this is the spanish flu or anything close...just saying that i don't think its "nothing" yet. The normal flu may kill 35000 a year, but those that die are almost always elderly or the immune-compromised (i.e from AIDS). If this one is killing young adults its very different.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/090502/national/flu_cda

The latest garbage that everyone will see when they open up their computer on Yahoo Canada.

Lets now kill the Alberta economy eh Ottawa. By the way, I'M munching on a Big fat piece of Alberta Bacon now. Non take note

Edited by holdfast

Why bring religion into this?

Because I'm a man and I like to express my opinion to the Oppressed. Seriously though I'm sorry if I offended you. But non Pork eating Human Beings do it for religious or nutrition reasons. Not me.

Oh and I forgot health reasons due to SWINE FLU. PM me and Ill give you a Holdy personal Apology just for you Jeddy. I will also Edit out because you made a public complaint

Thanks for taking note as There are 10 mods waiting to nuke me.

Edited by holdfast

... just in case y'all didn't do the math, they predict more Canadians to die per capita than Americans.

300 mil @16000 dead vs, 30 mil Canadians @4000 dead... that would be like predicting 40,000 Americans dead from the illness!!!

Do they not have faith in the Canadian Healthcare system?... or do they know that most Canadians don't go to the doctor like they should?