FMZ 17 Survey is up!

Ron

The materials have officially been posted to the Environmental Registry – http://www.ebr.gov.on.ca/ERS-WEB-External/. Search for Registry posting number 010-5587. The consultation period will close on May 19, 2009.

The supporting materials will be posted to the website very soon, but it may take up to 12 hours. A news release is planned for tomorrow. The website is http://www.ontario.ca/zonecouncils - click on FMZ 17. The survey can be accessed via the MNR website, or directly via http://www.FMZ17survey.ca. I’d encourage folks to access some of the information on the main website prior to completing the survey.

Cheers, Ron...

Guest skeeter99

be ready for a winter crappie season on the kawarthas WOOOOOHOOOO!!!!

it is being thrown around again but I think it is finally going to happen

Edited by skeeter99

I hope people aren't going to poach walleye in those extended seasons. I filled er out. Thought it was a good survey.

Not sure how the underfunded MNR is going to enforce the closed walleye season while all this crappie fishing is going on. I hope the extended seasons provide more fishing opportunities without hurting the walleye.

Survey completed.

Thank you Ron for your help in this matter.

I feel we need to move forward with Zone 17 and stop some of the ongoing ABUSE of our resources here.

I also really appreciate how we are able to give specifics in the questionaire!

If there is a way to help out more I would be very interested.

Sturgeon Lake isn't listed in the survey? Why not?

Hmmm, not sure Cliff.

There should have been another field to fill out.

"Other" then you manually type in the name of the lake. I'll forward an email to the MNR in regards to this.

Cheers, Ron...

I hope people aren't going to poach walleye in those extended seasons. I filled er out. Thought it was a good survey.

Not sure how the underfunded MNR is going to enforce the closed walleye season while all this crappie fishing is going on. I hope the extended seasons provide more fishing opportunities without hurting the walleye.

Thanks Grimace,

AS for poaching walleye in those extended seasons, it's no different than now. There will be people regardless who poach. If this was a concern (perhaps the wrong choice of words as it is a concern). They would only have one season opener for all species of fish. Pan fish would no longer open the 4th Saturday in April because people would be out fishing for walleye and bass at that time of year as well.

The most important message to come out of this is to ensure the regulations aren't made or changed because of illegal actions a very few commit.

I hope this helps.

Sturgeon Lake isn't listed in the survey? Why not?

Here ya go Cliff,

The intent of that question is to gauge the relative experience of the angler, unfortunately there are 50 or so lakes in FMZ 17 and it would make it too complicated to name all the lakes. Hind site there should have been a field named "other lake" where a person like yourself could have filled in the name of the lake. I hope this answers your question Cliff.

So come on guys, what are you waiting for? Participate and let them know what your thoughts are.

Cheers, Ron...

Your a good man Ron.. glad your looking out for your area... lol.. is it part of Ontario... I didn't recognize the map??

Ya Tref,

If look very close, you will see Lingham Lake juuuuuust North of us. :D

By the way, you're outa Vodka.... :P

Cheers, Ron....

For anyone who is going to the Sportsman Show and has a question or 2 about the FMZ survey and perhaps how to get involved with volunteer work, Come to the MNR Booth. I will be there around 1:00 for anyone who wants to hook up.

Cheers, Ron...