new job!!

pikeie

The fish and wildlife Program at Sault College requires u to do a summer co-op somewhere that relates to the natural resources. I applied to plenty of fishing lodges and heard back from a few but last week I got a call from the ONE that I wanted to work at! So it looks like I will be working up at Totem Resorts on LAKE OF THE WOODS lol in Souix Narrows for the summer!! I’ll be working at one of the outposts called Wiley Point; I can’t wait to get up there for the summer! I’ll be working as a dock hand for the most part but they said I should get plenty of guiding hours under my belt too.

Just thought id share :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Edited by pikeie

Congratulations!!

A great score. This is like the kid who dreams of flying landing his first job as a ramp rat (aviation reference for Wayne).

Like the guys said, take lots of pictures and remember to keep copies of any favourable press from guests or employers, for your portfolio.

Enjoy!!

Jim

Congratulations. Working at a lodge and guiding changed my life - for the better - in many ways.

If I can offer some advice - invest in some quality rain gear. Gore-tex if you can afford it. You will be spending a lot of time outside, rain and shine, and it's miserable to be wet under your outerwear. Oh yeah, and sunscreen... apply multiple times daily. I was a fool my first summer and rarely used any and I did some real damage to my face and hands. Polarized glasses - buy them and wear them 100% when fishing/guiding even if it's raining or cloudy. I had a jig come loose from a guests fish and the jig shot up and hit me in the glasses. I would have lost my eye if I wasn't wearing my glasses. All the guides at my lodge do the same. Good luck and have fun. If you have any other questions about guiding or working for lodges, don't hesitate to ask.

thanks everyone!! ya im so excited may cant come soon enough!!

Ben thanks for all the helpfull information you gave me, i really appreciate it!

hey TB i emailed it to you yesterday hahaha

Okay to look forward to guiding, but buy several pairs of gloves to use for hitting nails, shoveling gravel, stacking stuff, hauling stuff & .................................

Thats what they have the grounds workers for :thumbsup_anim: lol

lol wayne he will probably try his hardest no matter what i do lol